No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy Entertainment and Brooklyn Weaver

Hi All,

Anyone have any dealings or is/has been repped by Energy? Any feedback would be appreciated. If you prefer, feel free to PM me. Thanks!
    Last edited by omovie; 02-25-2015, 12:36 PM.

Re: Energy Entertainment and Brooklyn Weaver

Energy is one of the top management/production companies out there. Brooklyn seems to be interested in sci-fi, action/thrillers and dark, gritty crime stuff.

Comment

Does anybody know if Brooklyn accepts / responds to email queries? And if so, could someone please PM an email address?

Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by omovie View Post
        Hi All,

Anyone have any dealings or is/has been repped by Energy? Any feedback would be appreciated. If you prefer, feel free to PM me. Thanks!
        Used to be repped by them. Wasn't keen. Too much of a spec farm mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Mintclub View Post
          A lot of these management companies are no more than that: spec farms. And certainly not all but quite a lot of managers -- including ones at these reputable boutique companies -- are no more than lazy/failed screenwriters looking for newbies to develop and write their ideas for them.
          Last edited by grumpywriter; 04-20-2015, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I hadn't heard the term "spec farm" before and did a search -- found this post on johnaugust.com:

http://johnaugust.com/2012/scriptnot...rms-transcript

Comment

Originally posted by Mintclub View Post
              Whats a spec farm mentality???

Brooklyn is big time manager but yea he's only into dark/gritty thrillers and high concept sci-fi stuff just an FYI

Comment

Originally posted by swayway View Post
                Whats a spec farm mentality???

Brooklyn is big time manager but yea he's only into dark/gritty thrillers and high concept sci-fi stuff just an FYI
                Thanks for the heads up. Guessing you missed the part where I mentioned I used to be repped by him? As for 'spec farm mentality' -- search engine is your friend.

And FYI BW seems more interested in producing these days. IMHO The best managers in the biz take on writers with a view to building up a career and working as a team. Based on my experience Energy take on writers to sell/ develop a script (singular) If it flies great. If it doesn't they bolt and move on to the next person. They seem to have very little loyalty to the client in that regard. My agents only supported me signing with my current managers after they'd spoken to them about the long game.
                Last edited by Mintclub; 05-14-2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X