Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Agents, Lawyers & Managers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2019, 05:10 PM   #11
Bono

Default Re: A.B. Fischer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalact4 View Post
actually, reputation matters. at least it does to me.

they are client centric. they refuse to produce. the look for new voices and seem to work very hard for their clients. their new company is about 18 months old, i believe.

i appreciate integrity and honesty. they seem to have strong characters. they are known as "one of the good guys," as Kevin says in the interview.

when i listen to a podcast and the manager says, "don't send me a bad query because i'll send it to all my friends and make fun of it." that's not the kind of manager i want.

one of AB's clients is Lisa Takeuchi Cullen who just penned an overall deal with Universal. i follow her on twitter. i like her. i respect her opinions.

he also states that he doesn't respond to queries (deletes them) and only goes by referral, and since i don't know anyone who would refer me to him, i would regret it if i didn't even try. even though my chances are less than nil.

i would also offer, that just because your experience with "one of those places" was less than ideal, that doesn't mean there aren't other companies who have earned their reputation. their model is quality, over quantity, but they want writers who want to do well. and if you're solely basing your business plan on commission, you need a steady flow of quality material.

one of the things i respect, is that if your work isn't up to par of your last spec, they won't send it out until it is-- that's the kind of manager i want.

anyway, one person's two cents.

FA4

You missed my point entirely. That's okay. I tried. I'm glad you're excited and you know I'm rooting for you. And most writers. Except _____ on this board. (just kidding but if you filled in your own name, think about that!)
Bono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:31 PM   #12
finalact4

i'm sorry, are you really comparing my website signature to Dana, the naked film maker? who has no talent and no skills according to you?a girl who must have been all of what, 21?

maybe you could tell another story and not make it about being a woman? a naked woman? an inexperienced woman? a delusional woman? and suggesting that if someone looks at my website i'm going to remind them of some crazy college girl they once knew?

seriously, you know i love ya, man, but did you never take sensitivity training?(aka sexual harassment) lol
finalact4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 05:34 PM   #13
finalact4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono View Post
You missed my point entirely. That's okay. I tried. I'm glad you're excited and you know I'm rooting for you. And most writers. Except _____ on this board. (just kidding but if you filled in your own name, think about that!)
i understood your point fine. we're good. he'll never read the query, so it's a moot point.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:33 PM   #14
Bono

i'm a fat nothing, i give up again.

Last edited by Bono : 08-04-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:38 PM   #15
Bono

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalact4 View Post
i understood your point fine. we're good. he'll never read the query, so it's a moot point.
I don't think so, Tim -- but okay!

Now to be positive you can't get rejected unless you send the query! If you send the query they may say yes!

You can tell me the good news one day when we meet up and you kick me in the balls. Just have to get in line behind my wife.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:47 PM   #16
finalact4

Quote:
I knew 100% confidence that my "dana" story would be taken poorly and personally, but man that sexual harassment thing was surprising. Thanks for keeping life interesting.

It was supposed to be a funny anecdote FOR ALL. And Dana did have talent. She just made a bad short film (like i did!) But she didn't have all the talents that she wrote down in equal measures. Like when people query 4 scripts at one time, like "pick one, all great." I was so going to make the story about a guy named Dave, but I was being honest and I like the danger... She wasn't naked when she handed me the card by the way. I was saying imagine her handing the card to a stranger she just met... and they don't know her.. .what would they think? that's all I meant...

Just my old man's POV.

If I was keeping score, trust me, I've met more dumb men than women in my life. Not even close.

And it my last posts don't prove it, I'm a dumb man too.

But nope I never took sensitivity training and if I ever do I will make fun of it the entire time like Peter Griffin.
happy to accommodate your expectations.

okay, old man.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:48 PM   #17
finalact4

Quote:
I don't think so, Tim -- but okay!

Now to be positive you can't get rejected unless you send the query! If you send the query they may say yes!

You can tell me the good news one day when we meet up and you kick me in the balls. Just have to get in line behind my wife.
deal.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:31 PM   #18
Bono

https://deadline.com/2019/01/kelly-m...im-1202536380/

I'd email Kelly too...
Old 08-03-2019, 08:36 PM   #19
finalact4

Quote: