I knew this would happen (mole among us)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I knew this would happen (mole among us)

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
    I refuse to sign an NDA if that's what you're asking. LOL

That's what I am asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
      Maybe, it's like Murder on a Train. And this entire board is one elaborate honey trap.

I'd say keep telling it like it is....keeps the board interesting.
      Agreed. Keep it up. From the outside looking in I hear so many wacky ass stories about this industry. Hard to know which are true and which aren't. Some are hilarious and others are frankly disgusting. I'm sure it all happens to some extent.

Comment

Those pictures you posted may have contributed to blowing your cover. But I get it. If I had abs I'd blow my anonymity to show them off as well :P

But for real, I also appreciate you so candidly sharing your experiences on this site. There's a lot of crappy people and toxicity in this business and the best thing we can all do for each other is to at least shine some light on all that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by DDoc View Post
          Agreed. Keep it up. From the outside looking in I hear so many wacky ass stories about this industry. Hard to know which are true and which aren't. Some are hilarious and others are frankly disgusting. I'm sure it all happens to some extent.
          My stories are 100% true. I can't speak for anyone else. But, it's like they say "Truth is stranger than fiction."

Out of curiosity, I just checked. I still have a copy of the "Purchase Agt" contract for XXXX XXXX in my email (didn't know that). There's no way I could have that document any other way than being a part of it. It's 2 pages of mostly white space. And yes there's a picture of the check at the bottom of this copy. It's pretty crazy how a check that big has almost zero legal mumbo-jumbo proceeding it.

DATE:

ADDRESS:

RE: "TITLE" name of author-purchase agreement

One 4 line paragraph explaining what for

Sincerely,

Signature

Itemized one line on page 2

CHECK: For 7 figures

Fukkin-A man. I can't imagine seeing that for my writing services. Seeing it again blows my mind all over again that people can get paid that much for their THOUGHTS.

(If my ex is reading this, no I ain't gonna post it. Chill. But it is hard proof that I was involved.)
          Last edited by GucciGhostXXX; 08-02-2019, 05:48 PM.
          Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by JS90 View Post
            Those pictures you posted may have contributed to blowing your cover. But I get it. If I had abs I'd blow my anonymity to show them off as well :P

But for real, I also appreciate you so candidly sharing your experiences on this site. There's a lot of crappy people and toxicity in this business and the best thing we can all do for each other is to at least shine some light on all that ****.

Ha! Thanks. Yeah, a pic of my face was 100% confirmation. Oh well. I think, especially in this climate, writers need to stand by writers and help each other navigate.

Comment

Why don't you two get a room already? Still a little too involved in each other's lives. No one can figure out who she is.
              Literally took like 15 seconds...

Comment

This is one of the few places that errant behavior from managers, agents or producers gets a light shined on it.

Otherwise they can do pretty much anything to anyone.

Comment

But how can that be lumous? It must be the writers fault when it doesn't work out. I was told that by them and people on this board. It must be something I did that my great managers and me didn't get along. No way that agent who was nice to me did that to you. But I heard such great things about them... ha ha ha ha... bullsh%t.

It's pretty much under the radar now, but back in the day the worst was trying to post about some service and the god damn person running the service comes in to defend it like it's a segment on crossfire. We just want to bitch and discuss ourselves! Can't say blacklist stinks or nicholl is pointless if they people running it on going to chime in, then other writers get scared, some kiss their ass... it's not productive.

Comment

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post
                    Literally took like 15 seconds...
                    Ha! Right?

Comment

Agreed guys!

We gotta have a place where we can b!tch and complain about what REALLY goes on in this industry. They don’t like us comparing notes. And they especially don’t like whistleblowers (which I am). WHY should I protect THEM over writers, especially now with this WGA vs ATA thing going down, that reveals their TRUE (shitty) intent. Now more than ever I feel like revealing the TRUTH!

Speaking of: if ex-Gucci or her mole is reading this, know this; I still have the email from when _____ fired her (you) and we tried to get her to come back to the new agency. WHY would I have that email if *I* didn’t write it. Truth is, I wrote it and she edited it. I told her exactly what to say to try to win the client back. I won’t post what was said, but just know there’s some hella damning and potentially career damaging info in it. So don’t fukkin threaten me or I’ll post it with all contact info visible.

My goal is not to ruin anyone’s career, my goal is to tell the TRUTH about what goes on behind closed doors to help fellow writers navigate this bullshit industry which constantly lies to us and uses us FOR FREE!

Comment

Why don't you two get a room already? Still a little too involved in each other's lives. No one can figure out who she is.
                        I did. I like puzzles and this was an entertaining one.

But I promise I'm not the mole. I'll use my detective skills to figure out who is and report it back to you, Gucci. All it'll cost is about 10% of that XXXX XXXX check.
                        "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post

But I promise I'm not the mole. I'll use my detective skills to figure out who is and report it back to you, Gucci. All it'll cost is about 10% of that XXXX XXXX check.

I kind of said it in jest. I am too into what I have to do writing-wise to really go snooping around to find out who this mystery ex is. I figure she's like Veera from Cheers, a recurring character, we never get to see. It's more entertaining to just watch it unfold.

Comment

I kind of said it in jest. I am too into what I have to do writing-wise to really go snooping around to find out who this mystery ex is. I figure she's like Veera from Cheers, a recurring character, we never get to see. It's more entertaining to just watch it unfold.
                            Fair enough, haha

Comment

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post

Ha! And thanks gang (We're a gang, right? With DDP jackets and sh!t, no?) for not mentioning her name and getting my back. Don't bother. Irrelevant. I won't use titles or names anymore, but I'm gonna continue to tell the TRUTH!

Also, I probably should give "3 letter agency" a bit more credit on a personal level. What they did for me may have saved my life. That's the truth. The UPGRADED care I received at UCLA byway of them stepping in to make sure I got the best care possible. So, I will concede that. They didn't have to go out of their way, but they did. So, absolutely, THANK YOU!

...However, that doesn't mean I need to 'like' their business model. Nor the other 3 letter bigs.

My gripe with this entire industry is this: They want BRUTAL HONESTY on the page, but they expect charades in every other aspect. WHY? This isn't Wall Street etc., this industry was built on RAW EMOTION. That's the ONLY FUKKING THING AUDIENCES GIVE A FUKK ABOUT. So to have to pretend writers are not emotional creatures, with hella FLAWS strikes me as entirely hypocritical and flatly absurd. Whatever, I'll do the solid powerpoint-like presentation, like a fukkin Ted talk, like a fukkin pro. But, I'm surely gonna go OFF SCRIPT because at some point I'm gonna say "fukk this, here's some PASSION!"

My own life has been far more DRAMATIC than many drama shows on TV right now. It's as if Hollywood wants me (us?) to ACT LIKE the watered down version of REAL drama, as if all of us are perfectly well adjusted and we're merely pulling inspiration from IP. Bruh, NO! Then what the fukk are we telling messed up stories for? EVERY character MUST be flawed, so don't expect a writer (A WRITER!), that person who has so damn much EXPERIENCE *being* flawed to act like a NORMAL person. No! We writers are HYPER-EMPATHS... IMO. We have the fukkin BALLS (man or woman) to TRY to examine WHY we're all so fukked up. Isn't that what writing is?

--Ramble mode ACTIVATED!--

I'm showing, in part, that being married to a "fancy" agent for 15 years was a DISASTER! A FACADE!

...Yet, agents/execs etc. want to pretend like they all have their sh!t together. Nope! Many of them are HIGHLY insecure and merely acting their way through it attempting to protect themselves, I don't buy the facade.

I already told you about the "P-word" agency agent (you're guessing the right one) that had a goddamn cheat sheet of how to pick up chicks on the back of a business card he mistakenly gave to me. Trust me, it was incredibly insecure.

Stop for a second to process that... this is a dude who is the same guy not reading and/or passing on your queries. This business card was readily available to him, so readily available that he mistakenly HANDED IT TO ME at my party because he was drunk and off his game.

In that moment I knew his core STORY. He had accidentally REVEALED his biggest flaw. Bruh, I'm a writer, a fukkin good one, I can connect the dots. At some point in the night he was in my bathroom REHEARSING his cheat sheet. Looking himself in the eye in my bathroom mirror attempting to convince himself that he's worthy of... LOVE! THAT IS FUKKING ***CHARACTER!***... and it's REAL!

WHY am I positive? Answer: Because it was the FIRST card available to him in his wallet. He simply forgot he had REHEARSED it and placed the biz card back on top.

I didn't look down on him that he believed he had a flaw that MUST be HIDDEN in order to ACT like the confident big-shot agent. Instead, I could RELATE to his feelings of being flawed and trying every fukking thing he could think of to NOT BE! That's the difference between "likable" (because what agent is?) and "relatable."

I guess this is my ramble-on way to get to: "Likable" is a fukkin stupid note! The only reason I like the guy is because I saw his true self, and RELATED to it (not being perfect, having flaws that are hidden), without that information and him ATTEMPTING to be likable, I didn't LIKE the guy. And I still don't. But, I don't need to like him if I relate to him. Because now I have EMPATHY for him.

That's the status quo of this town, but they want to pretend it's not. They want to pretend it's only our CHARACTERS who are fukked up. Nah bruh, YOU are a fukked up character in MY movie. The movie in my mind that'll never get made.
                              Last edited by GucciGhostXXX; 08-06-2019, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
                                That's the status quo of this town, but they want to pretend it's not. They want to pretend it's only our CHARACTERS who are fukked up. Nah bruh, YOU are a fukked up character in MY movie. The movie in my mind that'll never get made.
                                This.

Comment

Working...
                                X