Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Season Of The Witch

Nic Cage has to cut the fcvking hair. IT's a distraction and it's not natural. Get rid of it! These paycheck films that he keeps making have no relevance, no emotional core to hold on to. And that hair! go back to making films like BIRDIE (sp), once in a while.

Comment

I've answered my own question. I wish there was a way we could delete old comments. Thanks anyway!
      www.cheapskate-a-holic.com Release your inner cheapskate!!

Comment

Originally posted by meemee2000 View Post
        I have a question for those who watched the movie.

******* Spoiler Alert ************

Highlight with your cursor to see the writing:

"Why did the demon/girl kill the first captor (the one she pretended to be his daughter)? When Nicholas Cage realized that the demon wanted to be taken to the monastery, they explained why she killed the 2 men. One (the one eaten by wolves) was because he wanted to kill her before they got to the monastery. What was the reason for the other guy? Was it because he wanted to free her or not go to the monastery? I forget and now it's seriously bugging me!"
        Thanks!
        also highlight.
        --> i think it was because she reminded him of his daughter, so it meant that he was having second thoughts about taking her to be killed.
        life happens
        despite a few cracked pots-
        and random sunlight

Comment

I read thirty pages of the script and thought it was not too bad. Not my thing mind you. So, what happened, was the script rewritten?

It is interesting that it's 4% swith critics, but it's 60% with audience. That's a huge divide. Are the critics down on it because of Cage?
          It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
            A more satisfactory solution would be to LEAVE THE GOOD SCRIPTS THE F*CK ALONE!

If this is not proof positive that Hollywood doesn't give a single f*ck about product quality, then I don't know what is.

Seriously, Armored was an awesome script. The movie, however, was super-lame. No reason for that at all. None. Not one. Not even a bad one. I just don't get it. At all.
            sometimes you have a great script and it's largely unchanged but it still loses the magic on the page. im specifically thinking of Tenure. the script was one of the best i read that year but when i saw the movie, i did not laugh even once. the same seems to be happening with Season of the Witch and any brett ratner and mcg movie. i tend to blame the director if a script that worked doesnt as a movie.

Comment

The downside of film being a collaborative effort is that most folks involved in the process want to leave their own creative stamp on the work. Even if it's outside their skill set. I think the narrative Mulligan stew of something like Terminator 4 is a good example of how that works out sometimes.
              "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                The downside of film being a collaborative effort is that most folks involved in the process want to leave their own creative stamp on the work. Even if it's outside their skill set. I think the narrative Mulligan stew of something like Terminator 4 is a good example of how that works out sometimes.
                no...
                Originally posted by Great White Mark
                Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                  ...something like Terminator 4 is a good example of how that works out sometimes.
                  Sorry, but that was one of the worst films ever created. I'd rather suffer a real nuclear holocaust than that atrocious abomination once more. Humanity would surely be better off.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                    Sorry, but that was one of the worst films ever created. I'd rather suffer a real nuclear holocaust than that atrocious abomination once more. Humanity would surely be better off.
                    I thought he meant "good example" as in example that proves the point, not example of a good movie. At least I hope that's what he meant.
                    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

I think Bio just saw the words Terminator 4 and the Balerage took over.
                      "Only nothing is impossible."
                      - Grant Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                        I thought he meant "good example" as in example that proves the point, not example of a good movie. At least I hope that's what he meant.
                        Yep. Using "good" in the same sentence as T4 was a poor word choice. Shoulda went with "especially egregious"...

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by AJ_FIN
                          I heard that the original script for T4 was kinda cool, but when Bale came in, he said that he'll do it only if he gets to play John Connor. Well, that's great, apart from the fact that the story wasn't about John Connor. Who cares, let's rewrite it!

Hollywood, duh.
                          To be fair to Bale, making Terminator 4 and *not* having it be about John Connor??

Something went wrong at the half-page synopsis phase of development.
                          Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

Well, that happened.

Nicolas Cage has settled down into vacillating between two modes: chewing the scenery like a moaning basset hound, or plodding morosely through his marks. More and more, it seems that he’s not so much an actor, but a famous face in the later stage of being held hostage by the Hollywood suits for some perverse entertainments. But Season of the Witch is mostly Cage in the latter mode, and the movie never overcomes the meta aspect of waiting for the man to reel gloriously into the former. But aside for one eruption of barking his outrage, he never does.

Season of the Witch really isn’t too ambitious, although it toys with wanting to be The Name of the Rose with added adventure. Cage and Perlman exchange action movie dialogue against a background that remains stagnant with fog and mossy grey. With director Dominic Sena at the helm, it's competent enough but never anything more. And admittedly the movie does rouse itself and shake its head for the CGI-happy climax, but at that point it’s about an hour too late. It’s not a good movie, but unfortunately even then it’s not ambitious enough to be entertaining despite itself. And with Cage front and center, that's really inexcusable.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Working...
                            X