Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ScriptNotes - Getting a full script read off of three pages

I really enjoyed those three pages and would definitely keep reading. I liked the writing, and the odd little office world he set up. I suppose one could assume the premise, but I'd like to know for sure what it is, and how it's executed.
    "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

[quote=finalact4;863302]
      Originally posted by jboffer View Post
      My favorite is still Lou Malnatis
      Great. Now I have to order me up some Lou's for tonight; can't beat that buttery crust! And, oh yeah, those pages were good.

Comment

I had Lou Malnati's for the first time over Christmas break. It's alright. The best pizza I ever had was Di Fara's in Brooklyn. Holy sh!t it's incredible.

Comment

There's still no dedicated ScriptNotes thread, is there? I suppose I'll add this little comment to the present thread rather than starting a new one.

In this week's three-page challenges, Craig Mazin was puzzled by a script that called for "an orchestra of pianos." I'll bet dollars-to-doughnuts that the writer was copying this scene, from Anchors Aweigh (1945):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbeozgkNj8Y

Yep -- an orchestra of pianos. Not mixed styles of pianos, as the script apparently called for, but basically the same idea.

It sounds good doing Liszt's most famous Hungarian Rhapsody. But doing a Nietzsche piece, as the script called for? Hard to imagine.

Comment

Working...
          X