X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oh Dog, here we go again...

Originally posted by canela View Post
    You mean like a franchise that's separate but equal?
    He could of been great as Alex Cross, and maybe if he was they'd be making more of them. That was a really good movie though.
    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

How about Maggie Q as Bond?

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
        So why not cast a woman, change the character's sex too?
        Why not.

"This is 2014. Women are smart now."
        - Dave Skylark

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
          Stunt casting's when you hire a comedian to star in your cancer drama or the like, it's often effective because they take you off guard with their performance.
          Totally wrong. But I guess that's good. if racists were smart, they'd be dangerous.

Comment

Why not make him gay too? I'm sure audiences would love seeing him hit on good looking Spectre goons.
            I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
              Why not make him gay too? I'm sure audiences would love seeing him hit on good looking Spectre goons.
              They already did. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OfpsKemIWI

Comment

So he's got to be Scottish, right? And straight? And not quite getting on in years, but not callow neither -- am I right so far -? And a big big man, needless to say.

Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you:

IAN McNEICE (Bert Large, from "DOC MARTIN" -- wish we could post pictures, you'd see what a grand old Bond this Bond-by-any-other-name will be...).

And they say screenwriters shouldn't be casting directors --

Last edited by Max Otto Schrenck; 12-29-2014, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Before Daniel Craig was cast, one of the people being considered for James Bond was Sharon Stone... and there were people here who thought that was an interesting idea.

Why is this different?

Bill
                  Free Script Tips:
                  http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                    Before Daniel Craig was cast, one of the people being considered for James Bond was Sharon Stone... and there were people here who thought that was an interesting idea.

Why is this different?

Bill
                    I look at 007 the same way I look at Marvel comics. You have the opportunity to explore different takes on a character. Such as having a black guy (Sam Wilson/Falcon) be one of the 12 iterations of Captain America in the history of that character. Or having a female be one of the 6 incarnations of Thor.

At the point in which 6 different actors have played Bond, it's no longer a character, it's a mantle. I think if we see Elba take up that mantle, it'll feel like no one had ever been meant to play the role besides him. You'll always have detractors, though, and that's why the color of someone's skin is still an "issue" in the 21st century...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Boellner View Post
                      At the point in which 6 different actors have played Bond, it's no longer a character, it's a mantle. I think if we see Elba take up that mantle, it'll feel like no one had ever been meant to play the role besides him. You'll always have detractors, though, and that's why the color of someone's skin is still an "issue" in the 21st century...
                      Black is doing OK. It's the other races that are in big trouble. Would they ever OK a good Japanese actor? Indonesian? Indian? Um... NO. Not 'till the year 2500, when the Asian population will account for 92% of humanity.
                      I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Accusing people who don't agree with you as racist is moronic.

I'd like Elba but I still want Daniel Craig for more.

Comment

Black is doing OK. It's the other races that are in big trouble. Would they ever OK a good Japanese actor? Indonesian? Indian? Um... NO. Not 'till the year 2500, when the Asian population will account for 92% of humanity.
                          Asian box office accounted for over 40% of the highest-grossing film worldwide this year (Transformers). By the time Craig's contract is up, a 007 with a strong pull in China and South Korea would easily offset any domestic box office downturn with a potentially massive uptick in international. Sony, a Japanese multinational, would be stupid to write off an entire race(s) of actors simply because some people think it goes against the mythos of a character for him to be of Asian descent, or African descent, etc. etc.

My hopes that Elba will take the role are purely that of a fan. I think Elba would be magnificent as Bond. If Sony made a business decision to cast a South Korean actor like Byung-hun Lee, I'd be excited for that too. If they cast Garrett Hedlund, I'd be excited for that too. If they cast Zoe Saldana, well... you get the point.

This is all, of course, ignoring the first sentence of your post.

Comment

Originally posted by TheConnorNoden View Post
                            I'd like Elba but I still want Daniel Craig for more.
                            Craig's still contracted for Spectre and one more after that. I'm looking forward to both, but since he's said publicly that he wants out, I'm also excited to see who will take up the mantle after...

Comment

The Broccoli created a rule that stippulates that only an actor born in a Commonwealth country can play James bond. So, aside from HK, this won't ever happen.
                              The question is : Do you work in the business?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Boellner View Post
                                I see about a dozen things right with Idris Elba being the new Bond.
                                Elba would be great as Bond. Eamonn Walker would be great as Bond. Both are British, by happenstance, but nationality, like race, ought not be a consideration for the casting department. The only question is this: "Can the chosen actor give a credible performance of the character?" This attribute comes from within the actor, so that in casting roles, the subject of race is moot.
                                “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Working...
                                X