Breaking Bad... (continued from ctp's thread)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breaking Bad... (continued from ctp's thread)

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
    I don't think the drug trade is a black and white issue. Much more complex.

I had no problem with Walt's reasons for getting into drug game. I think his faults lie with why he didn't get out. But that's most drug dealers.

If you've ever known anyone who was involved in the drug business, you know it's a hard thing to walk away from. Especially if you're successful.
    The drug trade most definitely is not a black and white issue.

However, and this is a carryover from threads in the past, there is absolutely no way that Walt can justify the decisions he's made. Including the very first one about cooking. The entire series is based on a moral issue, and I think it's explored it remarkably well.

I like Walter, and I hope he survives. But he had many choices and he chose to make all the wrong ones.

Ok. No more preaching from this heathen.

Comment

Walt is a mass murderer.You can justify all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that he's taken so many lives.

My guess: Hank arrests him and he spends his final days rotting in prison knowing his family is dead and he's the one who put them there.
      Introduce a little anarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by BurningWorld View Post
        My guess: Hank arrests him and he spends his final days rotting in prison knowing his family is dead and he's the one who put them there.
        Disagree: Television people must have learned their lesson from the Seinfeld finale.
        Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

Comment

I thought I had watched all the seasons available on Netflix. Turns out I hadn't, or at least not completely (I'm still confused as to when the Mexican bloodbath took place --wasn't that a season finale?). I find the family moments generally excruciating so I fastforward, but apparently I may have missed major episodes, including Gus's death etc (which I went back and found --nice Harry Two Face imitation).

ANYWAY: the ONE moment I've been living for, ever since the series started, was for that light bulb to go up over Hank's head. And it has.

So now, even though I haven't watched "TV" in over 2 years, I probably will watch this new premiere. But going back to having to wait a week to find out what's next is going to be a bi-yatch!

I vote for Walt not ending up in prison. I vote for something much more violent coupled with some version of the "Boy did I fVck up" mentioned above.

If DEA dude dies and Walt walks off into the sunset, with or without his lame boring family, I will be royally pissed.

And Jesse needs to walk away with a bunch of dough.

Comment

My only complaint is I wish they would have strung it out a little bit more, instead of revealing it all in the last 5 min of the episode. There must be a hell of an ending to this show if Hank already confronts Walter in episode 1. Kinda lets the gas out of the tank, however there must be some serious stuff going down ahead. There's no way in hell Walt is telling the truth at the end. He's cancer free. He has to be. Everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie. Haaaa. Love itttt.

A+ episode. God damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn it's back!!!!

Comment

Incredible.

I'm too giddy to process any thoughts that are more elaborate.

Well, except that the first and last lines of this episode were amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by dog678 View Post
                My only complaint is I wish they would have strung it out a little bit more, instead of revealing it all in the last 5 min of the episode. There must be a hell of an ending to this show if Hank already confronts Walter in episode 1. Kinda lets the gas out of the tank, however there must be some serious stuff going down ahead. There's no way in hell Walt is telling the truth at the end. He's cancer free. He has to be. Everything that comes out of his mouth is a lie. Haaaa. Love itttt.

A+ episode. God damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn it's back!!!!

I agree!

I was positively floored a) that Hank confronts Walt in first episode of 2nd half of this year's series and b) that they sort of rushed at the end. But then again Hank, being his usual dogged way, just couldn't suppress it once Walt cavalierly rolls into his garage... If there was any ambiguity at the end of episode 8 on Walt's seeing the GB inscription in the Leaves of Grass, it's out the window now...

Heh, this is gonna be some season...
                " Don't really like writing. But I do like having written." Vince Gilligan, Breaking Bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Weems View Post
                  The drug trade most definitely is not a black and white issue.

However, and this is a carryover from threads in the past, there is absolutely no way that Walt can justify the decisions he's made. Including the very first one about cooking. The entire series is based on a moral issue, and I think it's explored it remarkably well.

I like Walter, and I hope he survives. But he had many choices and he chose to make all the wrong ones.

Ok. No more preaching from this heathen.
                  I like the character but have grown to hate the man, which is what I hope you mean as well. The guy poisoned a kid and nearly killed him, killed Mike because Mike insulted him, showed little remorse after Todd killed the kid on the dirt bike, rigged a bomb in a nursing home, ordered Jesse to kill Gale, ordered the hit on 10 guys in jail, let Jesse's old girlfried die of a drug overdose, and of course he cooked and distributed a drug which ruins countless other lives.

He's a horrible, despicable human being, but one of the things I love about the story is it shows how a person can rationalize and justify just about anything they do in their own mind. It also shows how one bad decision can lead you down a path which snowballs, and you're bad choices keep escalating out of self-preservation. The line you're willing to cross keeps moving until there's no line at all and you've transformed into a monster. His original choice was made to help his family, and it's his family which will suffer the most.

Comment

Can't understand all the hate for Skyler, and

Nothing Walt did in 'breaking bad' was justifiable.
                    Like Walt, Skyler was put in a very difficult situation and made a bad choice, which led to more bad choices - Not only did she not turn Walt into the DEA, she actually helped him launder drug money. It was also her actions that led to Ted's coma. If you're unable to justify Walt's actions, then you can't justify hers either. Since we're making predictons, I think Walt kills her.
                    Last edited by RyPa; 08-15-2013, 12:14 PM.

Comment

I found Skyler utterly unlikeable (and that's putting it mildly) already in the pilot, so in my case it's not the situation or her choices. She's just annoying as hell, and I blame it more on the actress than the character she plays.

Comment

Re: Breaking Bad...unrealistic heist

That meth heist off the train was completely unrealistic!
                        how is it possible that the driver and his friend did not hear the racket Walt & Co were making?!

Comment

Originally posted by RyPa View Post
                          If you're unable to justify Walt's actions, then you can't justify hers either.
                          I haven't.

And this was a great start. I'm glad they didn't string out "Hank knows it's Walt". This was great setup, and, yes, the first and last lines were fantastic, said by a great actor.

Dean Norris was great, too.

Comment

The Television Academy better recognize Dean Norris this year or I shall rain havoc on their heads.

Comment

I haven't.

And this was a great start. I'm glad they didn't string out "Hank knows it's Walt". This was great setup, and, yes, the first and last lines were fantastic, said by a great actor.

Dean Norris was great, too.
                              Originally posted by carcar View Post
                              The Television Academy better recognize Dean Norris this year or I shall rain havoc on their heads.
                              +1
                              #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Meh. The last line was good. I only like Walt when he's Heisenberg, the rest of the time he's boring. His insisting about Mike when talking to Jesse was pathetic.

I get why everybody goes bat sh!t about this show, but it always seems to me that you have to patiently wait through long and dull moments for the payoff.

Comment

Working...
                                X