No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oscar nominations are out

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post
    No. However, the studios behind movies often submit the actors in different categories to increase their chances of winning. For example, from what I hear Julia Roberts is onscreen as much as Meryl Streep in August:OC, but Julia is campaigning for Supporting Actress because the Best Actress category is already crowded.
    That makes sense, but it's a shame for the actors who miss out. You never know when another role like that will come along.

And Roberts was sensational in A:OC. I wasn't a fan until I saw her in this.
    TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

I can't believe Benedict Cumberpath wasn't nominated for Star Trek. Wake up people!
      I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Bennie will nominated eventually - he's that good!

Comment

Originally posted by hscope View Post
          That makes sense, but it's a shame for the actors who miss out. You never know when another role like that will come along.

And Roberts was sensational in A:OC. I wasn't a fan until I saw her in this.
          Indeed, it is. Haven't seen it, but glad she's back in the Oscar conversation, she's so likable
          "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Comment

Working...
          X