No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Passengers

Originally posted by ATB View Post
    It's waking someone up. She will most likely die of old age. Murder has no relation to that action.
    Perhaps it's the fact that the female character actually calls "Jim" a murderer if I remember correctly... I think she does say something to that effect...
    "you murdered me" or something like that when she first finds out.
    INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
    Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

Comment

A reasonable reaction for her, the character, but not for the reader, IMO.

And I agree, it's a testament to Spaihts' writing that we feel the need to discuss something like this.

Comment

You have to give Spaihts the "Wake Up". It's a pretty small leap of faith, to get the story. It's not like he's royally jamming some colossal " Suspension of Disbelief" moment down our collective gullets and challenging us to accept it.
        He who laughs last is mentally slow

Comment

This is probably my favorite unproduced script. Love the premise, moral dilemma & writing style.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

You know, I've had this script sitting on my desktop for awhile and NEVER got a chance to check out it, after reading these posts I wonder "Why the hell haven't I read this yet!?"
            "Please Don't Spear me!"

Comment

Originally posted by bishop88 View Post
              You know, I've had this script sitting on my desktop for awhile and NEVER got a chance to check out it, after reading these posts I wonder "Why the hell haven't I read this yet!?"
              You definitely should, an oldie but a goodie.
              INT. DR. GONZO'S HOTEL ROOM - NIGHT

A glass of BOURBON in one hand and a COMPUTER MOUSE in the other,
              Dr. Gonzo contemplates getting off the message board and back to his script.

Comment

I wouldn't wake anybody else up. It is a very wrong thing to do. It's also someone you don't know who you'll be stuck with the rest of your life, which is much different than meeting someone at the coffee shop and going your separate ways if things don't click.

However, that's what this whole film is about. A person that made that decision and dealing with the consequences. There is a lot of depth that could be added here. What does it mean to choose a partner based purely on looks alone and having to be around them the rest of your life?

Comment

Originally posted by Mossbraker View Post
                  What does it mean to choose a partner based purely on looks alone and having to be around them the rest of your life?
                  It means you're a guy

But to be fair, he came to know her personality in her writing before he made his decision.

I can't speak for every man, but I'd wager that 99% of us start off based on physical attraction and pray to God the personality matches up.

Comment

Or, this movie becomes a romantic comedy. He wakes a woman up and she turns out to be a horrible person, so he makes her go to another part of the ship to live, then wakes up another woman, and another, and another until he now has a gaggle of women who hate him living on this ship but he still can't find the right one. And then one day all the rejected women shove him out the airlock and form their own Themyscira floating through space.
                    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                      And then one day all the rejected women shove him out the airlock and form their own Themyscira floating through space.
                      ...with sexy results.

Comment

Just finished reading it, feeling inspired

Comment

Shadow 19 would be my choice. Passengers was interesting, but not that unpredictable and compelling as Shadow. Act two was quite boring in my POV. And the end was crystal clear way before reaching even the middle. But I guess it's up to personal preferences. Some people love it, fair enough, as in the saying - "every Passenger has its train... pardon... spaceship"
                          Minds are like parachutes: they only function when open!

Comment

I felt like bringing this back from the abyss in honor of a great story that WILL be getting made, and is in heavy pre-production thanks to Studio Babelsberg in Germany. This may be old news for some of you, but felt it deserved the post.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...romance-675980

Reeves to play Jim and Rachel McAdams to play Aurora.

Comment

Originally posted by Twombly View Post
                              I felt like bringing this back from the abyss in honor of a great story that WILL be getting made, and is in heavy pre-production thanks to Studio Babelsberg in Germany. This may be old news for some of you, but felt it deserved the post.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...romance-675980

Reeves to play Jim and Rachel McAdams to play Aurora.
                              Wow, great news. I always thought there were a lot of good things in the spec.

Looking forward to it.
                              FA4
                              "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Boo...

Keanu Reeves' 'Passengers' Taken Off Calendar, Rachel McAdams Drops Out

The Weinstein Co. was to have released the space epic next spring in the U.S., but complications made that impossible.

Keanu Reeves' space romance Passengers won't hit theaters on April 3, 2015 after all. The independent project is also in the process of finding a new female lead after Rachel McAdams dropped out.

Insiders say Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire director Brian Kirk was set to start shooting Passengers in Germany on April 7, but the start date has been pushed back by at least several weeks, if not more.
                                http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...alendar-688517

Comment

Working...
                                X