No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They like it but...

A management company sent me this:

'Thanks for sending your script to us - we enjoyed the writing and would be open to reading more from you if you'd care to send us loglines for other completed scripts you may have.'

So if I understand, they don't like the script -- enough to rep me -- but they think the writing has enough potential to suggest they may like something else I have.

So I should just send them a few loglines and stop over thinking it, right?

Re: They like it but...

Sorry, just saw a previous thread on this exact topic. My mistake

Comment

I think that's somewhat of a positive reaction - they didn't use the word PASS - my first manager wouldn't sign me until I had two quality scripts - maybe they just want to see you're not a one trick pony?
      "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

It's an open-door. Use it. Send more loglines (if you have them) and stop thinking about it.

Don't sit by the phone or the mailbox. It's just another submission. If something comes of it, great. If not, don't sweat it. Their loss, right?
        NOTES / COVERAGE
        15,000+ Screenplays
        [email protected]

Comment

It's Zero Gravity - They pull in writers by accepting all query letters. Then attempt to lure them in to develop their material. Good way to start, but I wouldn't recommend it if really want a more long-term career.
          ScreenQuery.com | $5.50 Query Blast Service
          ScreenQuery Monthly Genre Contests - Coming Soon!

Comment

Originally posted by ScreenQuery View Post
            It's Zero Gravity - They pull in writers by accepting all query letters. Then attempt to lure them in to develop their material. Good way to start, but I wouldn't recommend it if really want a more long-term career.
            I noticed on another thread you also mention Zero Gravity when the OP didn't. Please be a little more discreet. There maybe a reason that people don't use the company's name in the original post. You can always PM the person to find out if they don't mind.'

Comment

If they are saying the exact same copy+paste response to multiple writers. People should know by now based on these topics.
              ScreenQuery.com | $5.50 Query Blast Service
              ScreenQuery Monthly Genre Contests - Coming Soon!

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by ScreenQuery

'I noticed on another thread you also mention Zero Gravity when the OP didn't. Please be a little more discreet. There maybe a reason that people don't use the company's name in the original post. You can always PM the person to find out if they don't mind' Quote.

Incognito, ScreenQuery do email blasts. I don't think discretion is that high up in the mission statement.

Comment

I like their cartoon graphic on their home page.

Comment

If they are saying the exact same copy+paste response to multiple writers. People should know by now based on these topics.

But just in case someone doesn't know you're helping out huh?

Comment

Is this not just a standard response folks?

They are saying PASS but they want to see other STUFF.

Of course, I doubt they'd be sending this to everyone - as I'm sure there's terrible scripts out there - but for the most part, if a script is written "okay" then they would be curious to see what else you've got.

IMO this response isn't anything to get excited about - it's just another spin of the wheel.

Now if the rep had gotten on the phone and asked the same thing - then perhaps this would be slighty different. But seeing as this come from an email, then I'd take it as just another chance at a free shot again.

EJ

Comment

they are interested, but they want more. So when you send more, your stuff will be put into a different pile because they are already expecting things from you
                        Representing South Korea's only Talent Agency: http://www.crikorea.com

Comment

Originally posted by wwallace1 View Post
                          they are interested, but they want more. So when you send more, your stuff will be put into a different pile because they are already expecting things from you
                          I don't agree with this statement. I'd imagine it'll be put in the same pile as everything else.

But that's just IMO.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
                            I don't agree with this statement. I'd imagine it'll be put in the same pile as everything else.

But that's just IMO.

EJ
                            I agree with EJ.

If a script is that great they would move on it. If the writing is strong enough, they're usually open to reading more, but it doesn't go into a special pile.

I have a script out to an A list actor. Another production company knows this and my script is still somewhere in their pile to read scripts.
                            "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Comment

"Lure them in to develop their material." Yes, that's just evil. Run, writers, run! Avoid having your material developed by a management/prodco with a proven track record, at all costs!

Comment

Working...
                              X