Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-submitting to agencies

So if I have a script that received coverage at CAA a few years ago and it's now being re-submitted (to a different agent) after numerous rewrites, how could I prevent the old coverage from impacting the current submission? Change the title? Character names? Anything else?

Do agencies share their databases at all? I know assistants will sometimes share coverage, but does it go beyond that?

Is there a shelf life for coverage or is it basically a permanent record?

If a script was submitted to an agent at ICM who then migrated to WMA, would the coverage have stayed back at ICM, or would the agent still have access to such records?

Thanks for any answers anyone might have.

Re: Re-submitting to agencies

My experience with CAA and WMA is that they keep coverage, not sure for how long.

I had a meeting with a packaging agent in WMA and the script had been submitted over a year or so earlier and when I took the meeting the agent hadn't read the script so he asked his assistant to print the coverage which had been marked as consider. I also know my script was on the CAA database. This is all related to packaging by the way, not lit. representation but I imagine it's the same deal.

As for changing the title etc. Never tried that.
    Blog: http://writinglounge.blogspot.com
    Email: kidcharlemagne108[at]yahoo[dot]co[uk]

"What is your greatest ambition? To become immortal and then die." - Breathless

Comment

Originally posted by kidcharlemagne View Post
      My experience with CAA and WMA is that they keep coverage, not sure for how long.

I had a meeting with a packaging agent in WMA and the script had been submitted over a year or so earlier and when I took the meeting the agent hadn't read the script so he asked his assistant to print the coverage which had been marked as consider. I also know my script was on the CAA database. This is all related to packaging by the way, not lit. representation but I imagine it's the same deal.

As for changing the title etc. Never tried that.
      Thanks KC. I was told by a CE on another board that coverage is basically never discarded and if a script is being re-submitted the reader will be privy to the old coverage. But this same exec was convinced that a new draft is a new draft, and a reader would treat it as such. That may be true, but personally I'd rather start with a clean slate.

Comment

Changing the title sounds like a good idea, and maybe change your name slightly (N. N. Joe)?

Comment

Working...
        X