No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Quest - Scott Myers - Contest/Course

Originally posted by haroldhecuba View Post
    2000 of those are my loglines. I can't help it, I'm a genius.
    and also an idiot. you didn't read the small print regarding the hidden fees, did ya? wait til you get the bill.

Comment

that's a lot of loglines and writers looking for help with writing something great... surprised the numbers were so high.

Comment

Originally posted by jsay View Post
        that's a lot of loglines and writers looking for help with writing something great... surprised the numbers were so high.
        I am, too. I expected a few hundred. I hope Scott has a good opthamologist.

I did not submit myself, but my good friend sent in a few loglines and he wrote her back the same day to tell her he'd received them, etc. Very professional.
        Last edited by lostfootage; 06-09-2012, 10:06 PM. Reason: poor grammar :-)

Comment

Scott posted the 21 writers that made the initial cut.

http://gointothestory.blcklst.com/20...e-quest-7.html

Any Done Deal Pro folks on that list?

Comment

I didn't submit anything, but I know two people on the list who I consider very competent, "on the verge" writers. I'll have to send them my congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Frap View Post
              Scott posted the 21 writers that made the initial cut.

http://gointothestory.blcklst.com/20...e-quest-7.html

Any Done Deal Pro folks on that list?

So he is going to launch this mentorship without reading any samples? Just based on the loglines? If this is the case, then he's seriously deluded.

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
                So he is going to launch this mentorship without reading any samples? Just based on the loglines?
                No. He selected the 21 finalists based on loglines, but he will read writing samples from those finalists as part of the process for selecting the 4 participants.

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
                  So he is going to launch this mentorship without reading any samples? Just based on the loglines? If this is the case, then he's seriously deluded.
                  The blind leading the blind, as they say

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Striver View Post
                    No. He selected the 21 finalists based on loglines, but he will read writing samples from those finalists as part of the process for selecting the 4 participants.
                    I should hope so.

Comment

It's a very long-winded process. I think he should do what Scriptshadow did, read the scripts himself, pick a few winners, forget the class, do a mentorship if need be, then champion the snot out of the scripts.

But he's got classes that last for months, more promotion and blogs about the class, and by the time it's done the enthusiasm will be half of what it was.

Comment

He's a teacher, not a marketer. He's teaching. Scriptshadow markets. Those are two entirely different points of view on the industry.

Comment

I only recognize one name from the list. Could be I know others from their online handles only.

Glad to see some female names there.

Scott also has a running feature where he's listing all the spec sale (& their pertinent info) dating from the 90s. Each yr gets its own post. Good reference. Check it out.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Working...
                          X