No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black List view/download ratios

Originally posted by The7thLevel View Post
    Can others chiming in include a time span in which you got your views/downloads? Again, mine, 9 days thus far.
    12 views and 5 downloads between July 27 and August 27. High rating was listed August 26. Between then and now, had 33 views and 16 downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
      My script Dead Reckoning got an 8 and was featured this week on the Black List. So far 9 pro views and 8 pro downloads -- a ratio of 88%.

In comparison, Whiplash (which got a 9) got 90 pro views and 20 downloads (22%).

Just curious about about how others' numbers compare....?
      Lauri, you're way too good a writer to be bogged down in BL statistics all day, praying to God a producer finds your script. What's your manager doing?
      I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

".

Can others chiming in include a time span in which you got your views/downloads? Again, mine, 9 days thus far.
        Review on 9/15, featured on 9/16, 10 pro views and 9 downloads to date.
        "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Chill Winston, stats are just enjoyable to some people. Don't be so judgy.
          Yeah, why get judgy about other people's interests? I enjoy stats and live baseball, but I have no interest in fantasy baseball. And I don't go on fantasy baseball sites and diss people who hang out there.

Also, it's worthwhile for consumers to know what "mileage" others are getting from their BL investment. And this can lead to useful discussions about factors that can increase (or decrease) the download ratio.

And it's not like the 3 minutes or so it takes to post is a serious drain on writing time.
          "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
            And it's not like the 3 minutes or so it takes to post is a serious drain on writing time.
            Wait a doggone minute!!! The rest of you don't craft a draft post, rewrite, map out the beats, rewrite, examine the character arcs, rewrite, polish, find/fix typos, pull out the thesaurus cuz you want to at least APPEAR smarter, rewrite, THEN post??????
            Last edited by DangoForth; 09-19-2013, 07:42 AM. Reason: seventh draft

Comment

I put up The Abominable in Mid August and since then I've gotten one reader score of 8, 20 pro views and 12 downloads.

This morning I got a message saying an industry member had given it a 9 and it's sitting at #6 at Top Scripts of the Month, so we'll see how that impacts things.
              Last edited by folkmax; 09-19-2013, 01:03 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Look, I don't get the statistics obsession either, but if people want to pick apart the numbers and share their results, just walk on by and leave them to it. It doesn't affect you, so why do you care? Don't answer that - it was rhetorical.
                Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                  Look, I don't get the statistics obsession either, but if people want to pick apart the numbers and share their results, just walk on by and leave them to it. It doesn't affect you, so why do you care? Don't answer that - it was rhetorical.

Blackadder
                  (holds up a potato)
                  I mean look at this, what is it?

Baldrick
                  I'm surprised you've forgotten, m'lord.

Blackadder
                  I haven't forgotten, it's a rhetorical question.

Baldrick
                  Nah, it's a potato.
                  M.A.G.A.

Comment

Originally posted by folkmax View Post
                    I put up The Abominable in Mid August and since then I've gotten one reader score of 8, 20 pro views and 12 downloads.

This morning I got a message saying an industry member had given it a 9 and it's sitting at #6 at Top Scripts of the Month, so we'll see how that impacts things.
                    Nice, congrats!
                    www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
                    http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Just a reminder for everyone to step back from the name calling. What Emily said - some will care and some won't. Participate or don't but don't sweat others' choices.
                      sigpic

Website
                      Tweets
                      Book

Comment

I, for one, am grateful for this thread as my script just went on the top lists yesterday. For whatever it's worth, so far I've had 2 pro views, no downloads.

It's nice to hear how others have done as I move forward to decide how long to keep the script up, whether to buy another review, etc.

More info=good.

Comment

For what it's worth... I listed my Nicholl QF script in the first week of September. I didn't get any downloads until the first review which came in at 8, about a week later. I went out in the Monday email, got about 16 downloads over the next week. My second review came in around then at 7, but the text of the review was incredibly positive (so why not an 8 right?). Anyway it got me into the Top List. A few more downloads happened. Around 20 or so in all.

Anyway, a few days later I got a call from one particular manager who really liked it and asked for two more. So I sent him a couple more features and a week later I landed that manager. It all happened, start to finish, within September.

I'm not ready to say who yet, but they've been around for a while and is one of the known companies listed in one of the sticky lists in the agents/managers forum. Main point being, I really like the guy and love his plans for me- I think we're an instant fit.

Obviously I consider my experience as really fortunate, but within a month BL did for me what I couldn't make happen for myself in quite some time. But then I'm not a huge querier so there's that. It could entirely be my own fault.

Comment

For what it's worth... I listed my Nicholl QF script in the first week of September. I didn't get any downloads until the first review which came in at 8, about a week later. I went out in the Monday email, got about 16 downloads over the next week. My second review came in around then at 7, but the text of the review was incredibly positive (so why not an 8 right?). Anyway it got me into the Top List. A few more downloads happened. Around 20 or so in all.

Anyway, a few days later I got a call from one particular manager who really liked it and asked for two more. So I sent him a couple more features and a week later I landed that manager. It all happened, start to finish, within September.

I'm not ready to say who yet, but they've been around for a while and is one of the known companies listed in one of the sticky lists in the agents/managers forum. Main point being, I really like the guy and love his plans for me- I think we're an instant fit.

Obviously I consider my experience as really fortunate, but within a month BL did for me what I couldn't make happen for myself in quite some time. But then I'm not a huge querier so there's that. It could entirely be my own fault.
                            Please do email us and let us know what happened. Even if you're not ready to go public with the information yet, we do love to keep track of the success stories.

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
                              Please do email us and let us know what happened. Even if you're not ready to go public with the information yet, we do love to keep track of the success stories.
                              Yes, definitely will be doing that very soon (had an exchange with your Twitter about it). And thank you Franklin!

Comment

I uploaded my script on February... got a 4, a 6, and a 6... it was good enough for me, specially because of this being my first go at a script in english... but then I thought "let's give this a last chance..." and I got an 8.
                                There was definetely a change in the download rate with that score and I got really excited... but after a bunch of months I'm stuck with 47 pro views and 21 pro downloads... No contacts, no users reviews, no nothing...

Everybody keeps on talking about how an 8 changes things, and it does I guess... but not that much, at least not for me.

Also what's up with that 4 and that 8... ? How can it be that the notes from that 4 are probably the most positive of all four reviews??

I don't know if I should get another score before I take the script down... which I should have probably done a few months ago...

Comment

Working...
                                X