No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE KILLING returns

excerpt from imdb page:
    If you’re going to watch season 2 of The Killing – and based on tonight’s premiere I recommend you should - you just have to say “All is forgiven” about the season 1 finale, which pointedly did not tell us who killed Rosie Larsen. You will not find out tonight either, or for a long time to come; the producers have promised to reveal the killer late in the season. So relax and enjoy what The Killing does best: engage us, even more deeply this season, in Det. Sarah Linden’s (the powerfully restrained Mireille Enos) personal obsessions and fraught relationship with her adolescent son, Jack. Here's a question (no answer below, just the question) you will have answered tonight: Why did Councilman Richmond (Billy Campbell), not charged with the killing after all, show up at his girlfriend/campaign manager’s house soaking wet on the night of Rosie’s murder?
    i'm thinking i have to check it out. i so much liked the style and look of this show... dark and dreary yet refreshing with characters who act like real people and not "politically correct" police officers and such. yeah, i'm talking to you law and order, csi and the like

Re: THE KILLING returns

It had just about one of the best pilots I've ever seen, and carried that somewhat for the next episode or so. I agree about the style. But it lost its style - and its substance - as the season went on.

Ultimately there's just no reason for this plot to be more than a 2 or 3 show mini-series. I can't imagine how they'll drag it out another season. The curiosity might get me and I'll probably tune in tonight.

Comment

I cannot put into words how awful the first season finale was. It was a totally illogical and infuriating betrayal of the viewer.

Being a glutton for punishment, I will probably watch a couple of episodes of the second season if only out of morbid curiosity.

Comment

I've invested too much time into this show to quit now. But it does piss me off that they promised to reveal the killer in last year's finale.

Lying bastards...

Comment

Look, at the very least I hope one of them finally buys an umbrella.

Comment

Will check it out. But yeah that finale.
            #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

How is this show?
              "Ray, next time someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!- - Ghostbusters

Comment

Originally posted by GI_Jeep View Post
                How is this show?
                If you enjoy your television full of red herrings, dead ends and pure frustration, then this show is for you.

Comment

Well, the premiere was sort of like last year. Nice style, nice feel, quality production; at times just beyond terrible writing; great acting by the two leads (Holder & Linden) with brutal acting by everyone else.

I already promised myself I wouldn't watch this season and I tuned in for the premiere, so I will make no further promises. I'll probably keep watching as long as its on before Mad Men.

Comment

excellent season opener. trust no one.

Comment

Is this the American remake? Because that was awful. The original Danish version was just superb, like The Wire with knitwear.

Comment

Originally posted by ATB View Post
                        I've invested too much time into this show to quit now. But it does piss me off that they promised to reveal the killer in last year's finale.

Lying bastards...
                        I must've imagined it, then, because I'm 90% sure they did reveal the killer.

Also, if they've genuinely continued with the Rosie Larson storyline in season two, then I'm suddenly not so interested in watching it. Forbrydelsen made the right choice - wrap up the murder in season one start on a new case for season two. It gives the show life and longevity...
                        Trainee Writer Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ATB View Post

Lying bastards...
                          You know, if they had just condensed these two seasons into one they might've had a compelling show on their hands.

I'm also going to keep watching because of investment. I like Holder's character quite a bit, and they do a good job with him. I'm going to start fast-forwarding anything with Richmond and the Larsens at this point, they add nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kandiman View Post
                            I must've imagined it, then, because I'm 90% sure they did reveal the killer.
                            They made you think the killer was the politician. What's his name? Richmond?

It looked like the case was closed, but nope. Apparently they... somehow got it wrong again.

I still don't know how all of the evidence stacked up against him.

Comment

i'm quite enjoying the pace. one episode = one day they're on day 14 or 15... kind of like lost did. unlike all those other cop shows where they solve crimes in an hour.

and i'm liking the two leads as well. super-flawed! everybody hates them. and they don't know who to trust so now they'll have to work together and trust each other. Holden's squirreliness is spot on & a mom who feeds her son from a vending machine?!!! i love it!

SPOILER ALERT!

the politician Richmond left his girlfriend's house in the middle of the night b/c it was the anniversary of his marriage to his dead wife who drowned or killed herself in a river. he came back soaking wet and wouldn't tell his girlfriend where he was, but she knew he was wet... and since Rosie drowned that same night...

so now (or just the next red herring) it's looking like Larsen's ex-criminal associate had something to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X