Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They read, they like...now what?

What if you've targeted a certain actor/producer and managed to get one of their gatekeepers/agents at one of the big 3 to finally read it? And they like it?

But I only know this because a friend's agent at the same place checked on it, then forwarded me the thread that showed they'd read it and liked it and the gatekeeper-type is supposed to get in touch...but its been another couple of weeks after a couple of months...

Realizing I'm a nobody with my first spec, I don't want to blow it. And I've surfed around enough to know these guys are heavyhitters, so yes, I realize they've got important things to do; so far, I've managed to stay in the pile, which I see as a modest victory. (Better than the "no unsolicited submission" form letter from the legal department I received a year ago.)

Yeah, I've sent a couple of polite "status" question emails to assistants, but no response. I had a number for the assistant, but I get this recording that says it's full etc.

I'm dying to pitch this in person because I've reason to believe their client's interest would be piqued.

So, there's my war story after a small initial skirmish. Any thoughts on how to better do battle?

Re: They read, they like...now what?

Okay, I'm assuming that for the purpose of this thread, getting to the actor is the goal.

Even if the actor does produce you probably need to widen your net as many actors prod co's are brought in at later points by experienced prod. co's.

Target producers and directors who've worked with the actor you're after.

Have you reached out to the actor's manager?

Email the agent you're expecting feedback from and follow up. Let him know you have a few other agents and management companies asking to read the script but getting it to so and so is important to you that you wanted to follow up and see where they stood before doing anything.
    "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Re: They read, they like...now what?

I want it in front of the actor because of his production company. Even if he wanted to tweak it and be a co-writer, as my subject is near and dear to him; he's done some writing as well. That would be swell by me. He just needs to be aware of the storyline. That's why I've specifically targeted him first.

Comment

Working...
      X