Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which spec?

I have 2 feature specs now that I believe are ready, and I am getting geared up to start querying agents and managers.

My question is, which spec do I query about? One is a very commercial comedy, the other is a dark low-budget horror/thriller.

The comedy is way more accessible and it has already been optioned by a small prodco. But would that be a ding against it in searching for managers who may be producers themselves?

This whole querying thing is new to me...

Re: which spec?

How long is the option?

Obvously the most commerical idea is the best to shop around, but if that's locked down, then you may want to wait it out or start a new project and hope it expires soon.

EJ

Comment

The comedy is the one I'd like to send around. The option is for another year. In people's experience, did that work for them or against them, having their work optioned?

Comment

Agents and managers are looking for products to sell. If your script is tied up for another year, they will not have any interest.
        https://twitter.com/#!/moviewriterJeff

Comment

Perhaps if you give us the two concepts/loglines, we'd be better informed so as to recommend one over the other?
          Sent from my iPhone. Because I'm better than you.

Comment

Another thing to consider is whether you want a large pay day or a small pay day.

Comedy v Low Budget Horror.

EJ

Comment

Working...
            X