No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank the top five TV agencies in order

Anyone care to give it a shot?
    "Take the thing you love, and make it your life"--Californication. [email protected]

Re: Rank the top five TV agencies in order

1. CAA
    2. William Morris
    3. ICM
    4. Endeavor
    5. UTA

That's what I think anyways.
    "PC lobe letter? What the f*%k does that mean?"

Comment

Originally posted by yammo View Post
      1. CAA
      2. William Morris
      3. ICM
      4. Endeavor
      5. UTA

That's what I think anyways.
      Good thinking.
      "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

i don't know that I agree with that ranking, but I'd also ask you to qualify your question by answering this one -

best for established writers? or best for new writers looking to break in?

For the former, I'd say...

1. Endeavor
        1. CAA
        (yeah, a tie)
        3. ICM
        4. UTA, Paradigm, WMA (with Gersh, Metropolitan, and another boutique I'm forgetting not far behind)

Why? Check out pilot listings in THR or Variety and you'll see that a majority of the creators and showrunners for pilots and existing shows are repped by Endeavor and CAA. And not all of these are original ideas, in fact, many are assignments, which means the agents are getting their clients the meetings and the jobs...

As for the latter...

1A. The agent who is hungry and most willing to bust his/her ass for you is the best rep, but you knew that so....

1. Paradigm - yeah Paradigm. I have a couple friends at the staff writer level repped there and those agents work hard to get them meetings. Sure the Endeavor and CAA reps have better access to the writers doing the hiring, but that doesn't mean they're putting you up for every job. In fact, they're not.

2. UTA - They've taken major hits this year at the upper levels, but like Paradigm the younger agents are busting their butts for their lower level clients.

3. Endeavor - they're just good and though they focus more on their big ticket clients than their lower levels writers, they are overall the best tv agency in town.

4. ICM - Absorbing Broder made them strong again. They want to catch up to CAA and Endeavor and they're working at that by poaching mid-level writers they can grow into the top tiers and finding exceptional new talent.

5. Anybody else that will rep you - it's so tough to get a TV agent that if someone is willing to do it, just say yes because even if they suck, you might be able to parlay that into better representation. TV agents love to poach and taking you from someone else is better than picking you up off the street.

that's my take...

Comment

When I posted my rankings, I was only going by how strong a tv lit department they have. For new writers its different. A new writer probably won't be signed by ANY of the top 5 agencies. Paradigm is a great agency, so is Gersh, and they are way more likely to sign new people. If you look at whose tv lit department is packaging shows, then my list is on point.
          "PC lobe letter? What the f*%k does that mean?"

Comment

I'd be curious to hear what people think that list would contain if it contiuned to go to 10.

Anyone?

EJ

Comment

If you were to rank it by the talent they rep then it would be a different order. Certainly WMA wouldn't rank so highly.
              Blog: http://writinglounge.blogspot.com
              Email: kidcharlemagne108[at]yahoo[dot]co[uk]

"What is your greatest ambition? To become immortal and then die." - Breathless

Comment

Working...
              X