Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scriptshadow

I wouldn't be disgusted by this as much if he was at least offering to option scripts for anything close to industry standard rates. But after glancing through his announcement, it seems pretty clear that he is expecting a free option or shopping agreement with any writer willing to let him glom on to their script. To a self-professed producer with no credits or experience beyond reading.

Fvck that.

Comment

I remember the Becky review he did, but it was back in July of 2017 (about 2 1/2 years ago).

I would be concerned about the language one might find in the shopping agreement with CR, because if he attaches as a producer, that could seriously impede forward progress if the Third Party, does see the value in CR which could, not saying it would, but could, effect the sale price to the writer.

I don't know his skills, but without a script sale or a produced script, how will he demonstrate his ability? A finder's fee might be more likely?
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

" This script finished on last year's Black List with 10 votes. The writer, Michael Paisely, is just getting started. He was a Writer PA on The Witcher. And no, I don't know what that is"

I have not watched the Witcher. I probably won't. But you want to be a producer and you're this willfully ignorant?

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
          " This script finished on last year's Black List with 10 votes. The writer, Michael Paisely, is just getting started. He was a Writer PA on The Witcher. And no, I don't know what that is"

I have not watched the Witcher. I probably won't. But you want to be a producer and you're this willfully ignorant?
          Chill Satriales. Yes he triggers you but that hostility can be a heavy load to carry. I mean this with the best intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            Chill Satriales. Yes he triggers you but that hostility can be a heavy load to carry. I mean this with the best intentions.
            Like George Costanza twitching his elbow in perpetuity - this? This is nothing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NQyhmd7Gk4U

Comment

Originally posted by Satriales View Post
              Like George Costanza twitching his elbow in perpetuity - this? This is nothing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NQyhmd7Gk4U
              : )

Comment

Today's post made me laugh out loud. If he hadn't messed with the script at the last moment that exec woulda loved it! Such. A. Fraud.

Comment

Are you referencing his website or twitter? Am I missing some comedy gold?

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                    Are you referencing his website or twitter? Am I missing some comedy gold?
                    His post from today on his site.

Comment

Working...
                    X