No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCARE ME !!!!!!!!!!!! [Writing Exercise]

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
    Gonna start writing something now, since this might be ON.

Also gonna assume the usual max. 8 pages limit applies.

Derek.... keep chuckling every time I see your Valentine's entry intro... a man stumbles out of a corn field.... he has been PROBED.
    Very funny. Gets to me every time I see it.

It's a shame about Valentine's, that's partly why we must make this one work, all for one and one for all huh?

Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by 14001 View Post
      It happened to me before that the contest was cancelled after I submitted my script. It's not nice but, on the other hand, I got another script to my portfolio that, without the pressure, I may not have done.

I have an idea that would be fairly quick to write, based on the SCARE ME concept, although I'm going sideways, not getting into scary territory.
      I think that's a good attitude, for any of us, really.... because as you say 14001 you are just doing more writing, and that can't be bad..... unless you really can't spare the time or you have other writing that takes priority. But it's good to get used to producing something quicky and under pressure too, it's a different type of experience to the long form scripting.

Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Okay, so who else is in?

Comment

Originally posted by The Road Warrior View Post
          I think that's a good attitude, for any of us, really.... because as you say 14001 you are just doing more writing, and that can't be bad..... unless you really can't spare the time or you have other writing that takes priority. But it's good to get used to producing something quicky and under pressure too, it's a different type of experience to the long form scripting.

True, and actually 8 pages, if you have the idea... is quite quick to write. And it can be less than 8 pages too.
          Check out my website with my productions: http://www.picturesplusproductions.com

Comment

True, and actually 8 pages, if you have the idea... is quite quick to write. And it can be less than 8 pages too.
            ... you could just produce 3 pages, heck, you could just set up a scene for atmosphere.... 2 pages, it's fine to do that.

I began to overthink this one recently, fell into that trap.... so I was thinking, okay... let's try and write well, get the pay-offs or whatever to work...... then thought, ahhhh, STOP!!!! - you're killing it Warrior, just put on the kettle and sit down and write some stuff and play about with it. Try and enjoy it too.

Comment

Got my first one down

...a pesky and messy 8-page first draft completed late last night, just sayin' huh.

Have an idea for a second, but we'll see, may make it a short... or perhaps another 8 page [second entry] if I go ahead with it

...actually.... it wiil probably accommodate both... either a 3 pager or the full monty.... 8 pages.

Anyway, enough blabbing, time to leave off the persistent hype-posting now, will check back in over the weekend hopefully. Take care.

Keep posting on how you are progressing from time- to- time, so others can see some actual WORK getting done.................... okay.

Comment

I'll read them. Looking forward to it.
                il faut d'abord durer

Comment

Originally posted by LMPurves View Post
                  I'll read them. Looking forward to it.
                  Why don't you write as well, LMPurves?
                  Check out my website with my productions: http://www.picturesplusproductions.com

Comment

Why don't you write as well, LMPurves?
                    Horror is not really my thing. I write dramas and comedies.
                    il faut d'abord durer

Comment

Originally posted by LMPurves View Post
                      Horror is not really my thing. I write dramas and comedies.
                      "Scare me" doesn't need to be horror.
                      Actually, the script I'm going to write is not.

Comment

"Scare me" doesn't need to be horror.
                        Actually, the script I'm going to write is not.
                        Fun. I'm looking forward to reading yours
                        il faut d'abord durer

Comment

Here we are into March already, and who knows when the forums might flatline, so if this thing's gonna happen then maybe it should happen soon.
                          Originally posted by Done Deal Pro
                          There is not a truly hard date. A little more playing it by ear, yes. But most likely by the end of this month (March) some decision will be made one way or the other.
                          Dunno when the submission deadline is. Earth calling Road Warrior, over.
                          Screenplay length, 8 pages maximum, can be less, just not over.
                          Export a PDF and email to dpaterson57 at gmail.com

P.S. - 2 entries received so far!
                          Last edited by dpaterso; 03-04-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................

~well, I'd said that we'd have an APRIL 1ST deadline, but if the forum is going to flatline, what's the sense in rushing anyway, no fun in that, way too stressful, may as well enjoy that slow drink at the bar of the Titanic.

------------------------------} we just keep going and pretend that's not an asteroid growing slightly larger every day above us in the cold March skies...

Oh and...cough... please Lord, deliver us!

Last edited by The Road Warrior; 03-04-2017, 12:17 AM.

Comment

then, again, we've got about a month, is that enough, let's throw this out there, views please? how about, we just take it a week at a time, see who has got some entries to throw up on the board.

Knowing me I'll get some work chucked my way and have to rewrite gawd knows when.

nb, unlikely but....
                              I may ask that my Valentine entry, if I rewrite it, gets added outside of the competition, just for something to read, you know.... very informal. .

Comment

We can reduce the time, as long as we are enough writers.

Comment

Working...
                                X