No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Female Characters

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
    Well male action roles aren't exactly played by the busboy at the local diner either, they're played by sexy multi-millionaire actors

There's just a lot more roles for them to choose from than there are for women. So when men and women alike show up at the box office for films with strong women in the lead, well that's just a good thing. It (hopefully) opens the door for writers, actors, directors and producers for more femme-led films in the future.
    Wouldn't that be nice? I hope you're right.
    sigpic

Website
    Tweets
    Book

Comment

And I had a deep visceral reaction realizing she will save herself. And my reaction surprised me. I pondered it for quite some time. Why did I react that way? And this is what I came up with:

In spite of all the women's lib rhetoric I had grown up with, on a deep level, I had been conditioned - by society, by the world - to accept only a man can "save" us, only a man can "fix" what's wrong. ("Wait till your father gets home." ???)
      i certainly don't recall ever feeling like this. but we all come from a different place.
      There's just a lot more roles for them to choose from than there are for women. So when men and women alike show up at the box office for films with strong women in the lead, well that's just a good thing. It (hopefully) opens the door for writers, actors, directors and producers for more femme-led films in the future.
      but i must say - you all must go see the girl who kicked the hornet's nest. she does get help from micke (as in the first 2 of the series) but her attorney is a smart, pregnant woman that makes you really cheer her own and she herself speaks very little but when she does... her verbiage just puts the men to shame. it's fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
        Well male action roles aren't exactly played by the busboy at the local diner either, they're played by sexy multi-millionaire actors

Yes. Agree.

Oh and Sc111. Yes - interesting povs -- re' your response.
        Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by NatachaVonBraun View Post
          There’s no reason for females to want to have sex with a male if it’s not going to be pleasurable.

Then how come I keep getting laid?

Wait a minute...

Nevermind.

Some women are better at training men when we're still pups(than others), but even then...it is impossible to be perfect in bed--everytime!

Sort of like becoming a good golfer. Play real bad at first(all over the place), but after diligent practicing and a few STDs(err..lessons)...swing gets smoother, mental prowess becomes more natural--your whole f*cking game improves once you're savvy on the selfless approach. That said, nobody birdies all the holes.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anitapooh
            strong mental, emotional and spiritual attraction with another person.
            you must be a girl

lol! sorry, couldn't resist <<hee, hee>>

Comment

Originally posted by Anitapooh
              Well if a guy can't deliver any of those traits, then he is not worthy as sex material or as a man.
              sometimes you find comedy in all the wrong places. there was a horrible thread here (or was it this one?) about women not being funny. of course it was a generalization but no need to prove their point. lol!

Comment

and don't give me that look

Comment

Working...
                X