Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix - Dead To Me

this was good. the trailer was well done. caught my attention immediately. binged it over the past two nights. lots of little twisty cliffhangers at the end of episodes.

the season end was perfect. what was the best is the writers were smart about the big reveal that you would expect at the end of the season actually wasn't the last scene. respect to the fact that the did it earlier, made the final shot all the more compelling, imo. and set up season two perfectly.

well done.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Re: Netflix - Dead To Me

as much as i loved the series overall, i had slightly the opposite reaction to the ending. or at least i'm still not sure how i feel about it yet. in addition to the great character dynamic between Jen and Judy throughout, one thing i thought the writers just killed it from episode to episode was dropping each big story reveal or plot twist for maximum dramatic effect. all the main characters' secrets and the show-outs just build and build and build. which may be why the last one felt so anticlimactic to me. nothing about it was surprising and actually felt pretty telegraphed the way it was set up (guarantee the security system and video cameras that Jen had installed just before it happened will have captured everything that went down in the backyard). i would have been fine with this just being a single season story that resolved the Jen-Judy relationship without having to obviously set up another season. but getting to that point at least was fantastic

Comment

Re: Netflix - Dead To Me

okay, that's fair.

and i agree, the ending wasn't as climactic as it might at first seem. when jen figured out that "judy wouldn't do that," it was a good point but not enough emphasis on the realization in the moment.

the next season will definitely be a different story, right? i'm not sure how the change in dynamic will work between the two main characters. what was interesting was that we had a superior POV knowing that judy had a lot to hide.

at one point i remember thinking, are the miscarriages real? or was there going to be a different spin on that? the twists were well done.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Working...
      X