Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Submissions vs. Material

I use HCD Online and I was wondering how to interperet "no unsolicited SUBMISSIONS" versus "no unsolicited MATERIAL". Am I wrong to think that submissions means they do not want to be bombarded with scripts, but would be open to an e-mail or snail mail query?

And, conversely, am I wrong in thinking that material means everything from a logline on a cocktail napkin to a Nicholl winning script?
    www.agentbait.com

Re: Submissions vs. Material

No unsolicited submissions and no unsolicted material means exactly the same thing - ignore HCD and query them anyway.

I usually call and if I get it from the horse's mouth I won't but almost all of the production companies will take query submissions from time to time in my experience.

Bot
    Last edited by Robot17; 05-13-2009, 04:50 PM.
    Since I sensed a sudden lack of appreciation for my presence, I hopped out of the Jumpy-jump, snatched my glow-stick from the fridge and galloped away on the Rent-A-Pony. - Stolen from Jcorona

Comment

I mean, every worthwhile prodco, manager, agency says that they "do not accept unsolicited material."

Do we just ignore that entirely?

Comment

what boski said

and
        I mean, every worthwhile prodco, manager, agency says that they "do not accept unsolicited material."
        this is not true. you just don't know where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by boski
          Yes--and "unsolicited material" probably means that they don't want people sending them scripts they didn't ask for.

But if you send them a query, and they ask for the script, guess what? Now your material is "solicited."

Send queries, no matter what they say. Just don't send scripts without being asked for them.
          Yep. Exactly
          Since I sensed a sudden lack of appreciation for my presence, I hopped out of the Jumpy-jump, snatched my glow-stick from the fridge and galloped away on the Rent-A-Pony. - Stolen from Jcorona

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
            what boski said

and
            this is not true. you just don't know where to look.
            You are absolutely right. I don't. Therein lies my problem.

Comment

Working...
            X