No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 HeartWalk:Get Read by Benderspink & Fight Heart Disease & Stroke

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
    Lache, if you submitted before and never heard back then email me so I can follow up on that submission. The only guarantee here is you WILL hear back one way or another so if you didn't - I need to look into it. And yes, Dan will consider comedies of all types along with every other genre, too.

Joe,

Don't worry about it. It doesn't really matter at this point-- that said project was rewritten, etc etc. I will submit another project this year. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lache View Post
      Do you accept comedy pilots? I did this a few years ago with a comedy pilot but never heard anything, which meant in my head an automatic no. Either way, comedy pilots? May give it a try again.
      Joe, I donated $50 last year to get the first 50 pages read but I also heard nothing back.

Not a pressing issue but I thought you mentioned somewhere that we'd be informed even if it was a pass. But I could be wrong.
      http://www.funminecraftservers.com/

Comment

Email me Guinea Pig -- so I can follow up. Yes, anybody who donates and sends their script will get an answer back one way or another so you're owed an answer and will get one as soon as I have more to go on in terms of who you are. In this particular scenario, no writer should assume that hearing nothing back is a pass.
        "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Email me Guinea Pig -- so I can follow up. Yes, anybody who donates and sends their script will get an answer back one way or another so you're owed an answer and will get one as soon as I have more to go on in terms of who you are. In this particular scenario, no writer should assume that hearing nothing back is a pass.
          Thanks so much for the response Joe. Email incoming.

Comment

Thanks so much for the speedy response Joe and for getting everything sorted.

Comment

I'll email you about it then.

Comment

Yup. We'll figure it out.
                "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Joe,

Thanks for the reply and figuring everything out.

Comment

Dan just made his first signing from this year's drive. Gonna try to get the guy to post.

Comment

Hi all. I submitted my script this year through the drive and was ridiculously lucky enough to get signed with Benderspink last week! Thought I should put the word out to assure everyone that this is not just for a good cause - it is a bona fide shot at getting a manager, and I’m living proof.

Joe and Dan are great guys, and Dan really does follow through on the Herculean task of reading all the submissions. It’s definitely a rare opportunity in an industry where someone like me, with absolutely zero connections, can find it impossible to get anyone to read his stuff. Thanks for doing this, Joe. Good luck everyone.
                      Last edited by emsolli; 06-10-2013, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Really cool to hear! Thanks for posting a follow-up.

Comment

Originally posted by emsolli View Post
                          Hi all. I submitted my script this year through the drive and was ridiculously lucky enough to get signed with Benderspink last week! Thought I should put the word out to assure everyone that this is not just for a good cause - it is a bona fide shot at getting a manager, and I'm living proof.

Joe and Dan are great guys, and Dan really does follow through on the Herculean task of reading all the submissions. It's definitely a rare opportunity in an industry where someone like me, with absolutely zero connections, can find it impossible to get anyone to read his stuff. Thanks for doing this, Joe. Good luck everyone.

Congrats

Comment

That's fabulous! Congrats!
                            LA
                            Check out my animated feature available on VOD:
                            www.TheGridZom.com

Comment

For what it's worth, I've still not heard back about the script I submitted back in 2012. Even just a "Your script sucks," would have been nice.

Cheers,

B
                              SIX-GUN GORILLA: LONG DAYS OF VENGEANCE.
                              http://www.sixgungorilla.com/
                              https://www.facebook.com/SixGunGorilla
                              sigpic
                              "... (an) indie powerhouse of a book.- - AIN'T IT COOL NEWS

Comment

Oh my goodness! emsolli, congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                                X