Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jurassic World

I surprisingly liked this. Good thing there were lots of dinosaurs because they were the only ones with character. Like Bumblebee from Transformers, I found myself disliking most of the human characters, but loving the non-human ones. In this case, The four raptors. I actually remembered their names, but forgot the female leads name.

The whale dinosaur was also awesome.
    I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Re: Jurassic World

I saw it earlier today. The dinos were the best part of the whole movie. Loved the raptors. But other than that, I didn't think the movie as a whole was all that impressive. This actually felt more like a monster movie to me too. I don't want to get into any spoilers, but I wasn't onboard with the part of the storyline that involved the raptors. But the people I saw the movie with liked it, so maybe it's just me...

Comment

I don't think anyone paid good money to see the humans, they paid for the dinos and I think it was well worth it. Storyline? meh.

Comment

spoiler-

I didn't care for the extra drama regarding the sister throwing a fit and crying that they weren't with their aunt (who was in charge of 20,000 people on an island with dinosaurs that fantasize about ripping each other and people in half). I also thought it was odd that the teen was so bored with the whole trip. I can understand if he was dragged along with his parents to an rv park but any kid would be freaking out... And like you guys mentioned, the star of the movie was the dinosaur... dinosaurs.

Did they not have an emergency plan or leaving everyone out in the open plaza was it...? course, it made for god entertainment watching them get swept up. Anyway, I still enjoyed it but a lot of stuff bothered me. it will still top a billion so good for them.

Comment

Am I the only one who found it boring? The dinos did not excite me too much.

Comment

Thought it was kind of whatever. Entertaining enough but definitely nothing new introduced in any of the scenes. I liked the original better due to the performances and the actors involved.

The storyline about the boys having to deal with a possible divorce between their parents (good heavens what an emotional impact ) was a waste of dialogue, you could almost guess what they were going to say when they started discussing it.

The CGI was good, but the original CGI still holds up even today from the first one and seemed like even more action from the dinosaurs in the first two installments.

Bryce Howard should've won a metal for being able to run like a track star in high heels during the third act.
            One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
              Bryce Howard should've won a metal for being able to run like a track star in high heels during the third act.
              A lot of people have mentioned this, including me. I thought it was funny, and I wish the writers would have just owned it and poked fun at it. Like at the end, Pratt's character should have offered to give her a mad foot rub or something.

Comment

Originally posted by ricther View Post
                A lot of people have mentioned this, including me. I thought it was funny, and I wish the writers would have just owned it and poked fun at it. Like at the end, Pratt's character should have offered to give her a mad foot rub or something.
                And that would've worked too. I mean, she wasn't just trotting, she was HAULING A$$ lol...
                One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Saw it with my 11-yr old son. Fun and nostalgic, like dusting off the plastic dinos and picture books one last time before carting them off to the resale shop.

The box office records show that the writers/producers knew their audience and committed to them, without apology. Lesson learned.

Comment

Ya, the nostalgia factor was 50% of this film. It was the only sequel to follow the original's structure (which was beyond brilliant BTW). It was actually a good idea to have a fully functioning park go crazy. You always want to elevate what an original did. Something 2 and 3 flopped at.
                    I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

I saw it this past weekend and had a good time.

spoilers

I especially like how they took the idea of the raptors, flipped it and made them our allies. Bigger dinos, badass dinos and savior dinos. What's not to like? Good solid fun.
                      life happens
                      despite a few cracked pots-
                      and random sunlight

Comment

Just saw it. Thought it was terrific and my expectations had been beyond low.

One of the few longterm sequels that's really worked for me. A little intense for younger kids, but so was the original. Perfect summer popcorn movie with just a dash of social commentary.

Comment

There is a big difference between the original JP and its sequels: The original had suspense. The sequels, on the other hand, relied too much on exposition and pure action. Moreover, JP's dinosaur models still work better for me than today's CGI dinosaurs. Spielberg also used humour wisely and he had actors who were actually good. Sorry, I couldn't enjoy this one and I frankly cannot get my head around the hype.
                          Jesus, if this guy owned a funeral parlor nobody would die!

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
                            I surprisingly liked this. Good thing there were lots of dinosaurs because they were the only ones with character. Like Bumblebee from Transformers, I found myself disliking most of the human characters, but loving the non-human ones. In this case, The four raptors. I actually remembered their names, but forgot the female leads name.

The whale dinosaur was also awesome.
                            Yeah, me too -really liked it.

Pratt was perfectly cast and they kept all the "wonder" moments from the first film and removed all the awkward moments (bad, mumbled dialogue *cough* Samuel Jackson *cough*).

It was a lot of fun.

And I must say, after taking my kids to see the past three or four superhero films, it was so nice to NOT see a ****ing superhero movie.

I really hope the effing comic-book superhero trend dies - SOON. It's about five years past its expiration date already.

ETA: It has the most awesome Godzilla-style fight scene at the end that NONE of the stupid Godzilla movies even had! Totally awesome.
                            "Running down a dream, that never would come to me." Tom Petty

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
                              And that would've worked too. I mean, she wasn't just trotting, she was HAULING A$$ lol...
                              I want a pair of those heels. And more than that, I want to know WHAT LIPSTICK she was wearing! %$#@* To careen through the jungle in a jeep, get chased by a T-REX, threatened by raptors, and then corralling all those thousands of people who are being picked off by pterodactyls....and she STILL has moist, pink, kissable lips! Where can I get some of that?

Sadly, I can remember the names of the Raptors, but cannot remember the human character's names. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X