No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year to date spec market analysis

From trackingb.com...

There were a few specs out in the first couple of weeks of January, but the spec market really got started the week of January 26, post- Sundance. Starting with that week:
    – The average number of specs out per week has been 16. (That’s also the median, for those of you who remember your high school algebra.)
    – The slowest week was the week of February 16 (President’s Day was that Monday), with 10.
    – The busiest week was the week of March 2, with 23.
    The total number of specs so far in 2009 (January 1 through April 3) is 173 (plus or minus a few we may not have caught). Of these, 23 have sold.
    The average (and median) number of specs that sold from a given week’s crop is 2 (starting with the post-Sundance week; the prior three weeks are outliers). Three weeks’ scripts saw no sales; the most productive week was, again, the week of March 2, with 6 of the 23 that went out eventually selling.
    Of the 23 sales, here’s the genre breakdown:
    – 10 comedies
    – 8 action/thrillers
    – 3 sci-fi
    – 1 drama (this is a bit of an outlier — it’s the remake of the Swedish film, Patrik 1.5)
    – 1 horror (not including a couple of comedy/horror projects, which are included above)
    Of the 23 sales, 7 (30%) had meaningful attachments (star actors, directors or producers) when they went on the market.

Re: Year to date spec market analysis

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
    - 8 action/thrillers

That number keeps my hopes up.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Very interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
        The average number of specs out per week has been 16. (That's also the median, for those of you who remember your high school algebra.)
        When you say "out," what do you mean? Like, what constitutes a script that is "out"?

Comment

Agents and writers refer to scripts as going "out" to production companies and studios. When the script is "out," producers and executives decide whether or not they wish to pursue the script.

Comment

Welcome to the board Cinema Paradiso

Bot
            Since I sensed a sudden lack of appreciation for my presence, I hopped out of the Jumpy-jump, snatched my glow-stick from the fridge and galloped away on the Rent-A-Pony. - Stolen from Jcorona

Comment

Working...
            X