Re: Gideon's Law

Any news on this?

Comment

Yes i would like to know to!

Wasn't this based on a 80s TV show???

Comment

A good example of unpaid over-development?

Comment

I still don't understand this. The writer's managers at Abstract Entertainment go out wide with a script, but already have producers attached? Isn't that kind of like "two too many mouths to feed" before the project goes out the door?

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post

When a disgraced young cop is assigned a routine civilian ride along, he quickly learns that his passenger is not what he seems and that he has just entered into a brutal battle with a killer who will stop at nothing to achieve his goal. David Greathouse Productions (David Greathouse & Geoff Alexander) attached to produce.

From Tracking B
            Has anybody read SHRAPNEL? Both of these scripts sound like they explore a similar idea. SHRAPNEL was on last years blacklist, and was one of the best action/ thriller scripts I read all year.

Comment

Originally posted by night fugue View Post
              I still don't understand this. The writer's managers at Abstract Entertainment go out wide with a script, but already have producers attached? Isn't that kind of like "two too many mouths to feed" before the project goes out the door?
              In this case, the Producers developed the project. We agreed to help the writer with representation and the guys at Abstract signed him off our referral, so we were producing before they started repping him.

On the question of "too many mouths to feed". It depends on how strong the relationships between the producers and the individual companies are.

If a producer has relationships with the companies and they are confident he can produce the movie at a certain price and execute it, then having that producer on board would add value for those companies. If they don't have a relationship, it could take away value, possibly making it too expensive, every relationship is an individual case.

Also, there are producers who actually know how to make movies, i.e., actually produce, and there are producers who are really just independent development folks, who set up projects but don't really produce them. It varies from producer to producer.

Comment

Originally posted by niwa View Post
                Has anybody read SHRAPNEL? Both of these scripts sound like they explore a similar idea. SHRAPNEL was on last years blacklist, and was one of the best action/ thriller scripts I read all year.
                I thought SHRAPNEL was good, but basically just a rehash of THE MOST DANGEROUS GAME, right? (and the "payoff" was a bit of a letdown) But Daugherty landed with the Energy, so good for him.
                "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
                - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

He got an assignment off it too - HE-MAN for Warner Bro's.

Comment

Working...
                  X