Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoggins Report - 2013 projects that appeal to you

I checked out the latest email and was tickled by one of the pitches that sold.

Buddymoon: When a man is dumped on the eve of his nuptials, and with an already expensive honeymoon package paid for, he decides to indulge and invites his best buddy to go on the trip with him. Hijinks ensue.

(Now, I should preface this with a plea not to get into the mechanics of these loglines. They are merely posted as information tools and do not necessarily reflect the actual logline used in the pitch.)

This is one of those elegant ideas that is simple yet offers a wealth of comic possibilities. It does sound reminiscent of the pilot for Happy Endings in which the groom-to-be is informed that the woman who had stood him up on the altar went on their prepaid honeymoon anyway, but her side of the story is played off-camera.

The title Buddymoon is silly but it is effective for pitching -- the idea is reinforced by the title even if it doesn't tip you off to the story.

Re: Scoggins Report - 2013 projects that appeal to you

I like the idea. I would not have rejected it outright. I would have wanted to hear more. I probably feel this way about only two or three percent of the loglines that I read.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Working...
    X