Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robert Rodriguez to reboot Predator.

Let me guess, it's yet another prequel?

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post
      Sorry, but I just messed up my pants. A reboot of Predator with R.R.?

I don't mind people doing a 'reboot' of a beloved franchise, though it works best when the last few movies SUCKED. So Predator doesn't fit that, but need I remind you of 007 and Batman?
      The last few Predator movies DIDN'T suck?

He's not talking about remaking Predator, just rebooting it. We need a Predator reboot.
      Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
      Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
      Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
        Doesn't everyone? Otherwise, the cast is just ham puppets.
        not really, there's a reason why some actors perform well in some movies and suck in others. good directors can get an A-list performance out of a B-list or sometimes an even C-list talent.
        One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
          not really, there's a reason why some actors perform well in some movies and suck in others. good directors can get an A-list performance out of a B-list or sometimes an even C-list talent.
          *cough, cough* mark wahlberg *cough, cough*
          Sent from my iPhone. Because I'm better than you.

Comment

exactly, lol...Max Payne, case closed.
            One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by wilsoneads View Post
              RR is a shooting freak. He prides himself so much on bringing his movies in under budget that he doesn't slow down and figure things out (a scene, a moment, a line) when he needs to, preferring instead to move to the next set up. I think you can see that in his films. They're full of energy but sometimes that energy is misguided.
              Totally agree with that. I think Once Upon a Time in Mexico really proved that. The movie had great energy, but it was a mess. And it wasn't just the shooting on that one. I know he scripted, edited and did the score and probably even did the cattering.

He is a talented guy, but not so talented that he can stretch himself so thin without things suffering as a result. Once Upon a Time in Mexico really needed somebody else to edit, as there probably is a good movie burried in there somewhere.

Having said that, if somebody can sneak some barbiturates into his Red Bull, I think he could turn in a great Predator movie.
              "Only nothing is impossible."
              - Grant Morrison

Comment

He should do it as a slavishly devoted shot-for-shot remake, like Psycho. And with the same cast.

Comment

The first Predator is GREAT! It's one of my favorite movies! I just don't see how they can top that.

Comment

Originally posted by beerbeastredux View Post
                    The first Predator is GREAT! It's one of my favorite movies! I just don't see how they can top that.
                    With bigger explosions and more gore.
                    http://thekillbox.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by beerbeastredux View Post
                      moar exploshuns!!!
                      Last edited by instant_karma; 04-24-2009, 09:48 AM. Reason: To say Damn you lucidimage!!!!
                      "Only nothing is impossible."
                      - Grant Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by vmf View Post
                        Let me guess, it's yet another prequel?
                        No, it's an origin story of how the predator trained with the best predators of the galaxy to become the ultimate killing machine we know and love.
                        Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                        Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                          Apart from Len Wiseman, I think he's a nice fit. He certainly can do action movies. Plus, he's got a unique style of directing. I just hope there's a new spin on it. We don't want another AVP fvck up.

Especially the second one, which had a piss poor plot (say that three times fast, and I'll give you a dollar!!!). The first one was decent.
                          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                            The last few Predator movies DIDN'T suck?
                            Well I was 9 years old when I saw Predator 2, so I might be remembering the movie as being better than it was. I've noticed that happening a lot lately - movies i loved as a kid just plane SUCK now.

But don't take away P2 from me. It was good, wasn't it? Wasn't it???

Comment

Originally posted by NePatsFan View Post
                              No, it's an origin story of how the predator trained with the best predators of the galaxy to become the ultimate killing machine we know and love.
                              Wasn't his old idea to have the Preds capture Dutch and make him fight deathmatches with other aliens who managed to kill Predators?

Comment

Originally posted by Sinnycal View Post
                                Wasn't his old idea to have the Preds capture Dutch and make him fight deathmatches with other aliens who managed to kill Predators?
                                Now that would have been a cool movie. It would have been nice to see Dutch visit their planet, and partake in their version of the Olympics. These days, with all the CGI trickery available, something like that could be done. We caught a glimpse of the Predators home planet in AVP 2, and it did look kinda cool. Sort of like a techno Aztec society.

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/8...e8gh1daikd.jpg
                                @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Working...
                                X