• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kyle Ward, Two Assignments in One Week

Wow, that kid is on fire!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
      I think Kyle is a good fit for the job though. Cal MacDonald is basically a wise-cracking drug addict. Lots of room to have fun with snappy dialogue and punchy one-liners. That's one of the things I loved about his draft of Kane and Lynch. The dialogue was hilarious.

Good for him. I'm sure the script will rock.
      Yeah, I'm right there with you on Kane and Lynch, TM. The dialog's great and the action sequences — complex and blistering. This kid definitely has the goods. I really liked Nile's 30 Days of Night concept (inspired) but I haven't read Criminal Macabre, so I'm excited to see where Lynch goes with it. We'll have to keep our collective eyes peeled for the script.
      "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
      - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by loopdesign View Post
        Yeah, I'm right there with you on Kane and Lynch, TM. The dialog's great and the action sequences — complex and blistering. This kid definitely has the goods. I really liked Nile's 30 Days of Night concept (inspired) but I haven't read Criminal Macabre, so I'm excited to see where Lynch goes with it. We'll have to keep our collective eyes peeled for the script.
        Definitely. The comic is a good read. The first series arc was illustrated by fellow Aussie, Ben Templesmith. You can still pick up the back issues/trade paperbacks rather cheap at all good comic book stores.

There's also 3 novels (now condensed into in one collected novel) - written by the creator, Steve Niles. They're quite good too. Very noirish, with a crime/pulp/supernatural kind of tone.

http://www.steveniles.com/gallery/album01
        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
          The comic is a good read. The first series arc was illustrated by fellow Aussie, Ben Templesmith. You can still pick up the back issues/trade paperbacks rather cheap at all good comic book stores.
          Ah! I like Templesmith's brand of twisted weirdness. His stuff is immediately recognizable (and copied to death) Also, his "Welcome to Hoxford" (werewolves in prison for the criminally insane) series has been picked up to be adapted into a feature too.
          "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
          - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by loopdesign View Post
            "Welcome to Hoxford" (werewolves in prison for the criminally insane) series has been picked up to be adapted into a feature too.
            Another script I'm dying to read.
            @TerranceMulloy

Comment

WTF?
              Who rep's this dude - I've got to get in there!
              Hey, best of luck to him.
              Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
                WTF?
                Who rep's this dude - I've got to get in there!
                Hey, best of luck to him.
                Benderspink and CAA if IMDBPro is up to date.

Comment

So am I really to believe that this bloke landed the best rep's and all these top gigs on the strength of a short (3 Rounds)?
                  Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
                    So am I really to believe that this bloke landed the best rep's and all these top gigs on the strength of a short (3 Rounds)?
                    Yes.

He also landed those reps because he's got talent coming out the ying-yang.
                    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Reading 'Fiasco' right now. His style is something to behold. I'm curious as to how many specs he wrote before making his first sale because it seems like 100. Looks like he broke in by writing a short that got made.
                      Last edited by MontanaHans; 09-09-2009, 11:55 PM.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Working...
                      X