No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chris Nolan "mentoring" development of SUPERMAN 3.0

Originally posted by NePatsFan View Post
    Poor guy. He must have been on top of the world when he found out he landed the roll of a lifetime, only for it to bomb heavily and doom him to obscurity forever.

Not his fault, and he recently did some guest spots on "Chuck".
    Last edited by Madbandit; 02-15-2010, 08:24 PM.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Isaac View Post
      I read recently, that this time SUPERMAN is going to be black. No, wait...I never read that.

Okay. Then the Sam Jackson rumours aren't true.
      "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
      - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by roscoegino View Post
        Okay. Then the Sam Jackson rumours aren't true.
        Up, up and away, motherf******!
        Teach me a fact and I'll learn.
        Tell me the truth and I'll believe.
        Tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever.

- Native American proverb -

Comment

I read an article once where some market analysts argued that DC Comics gives Warner Bros the largest untapped library of intellectual property in the known galaxy.

So.

Um.

How about maybe they try to launch a different, more easily adaptable superhero franchise instead of taking yet another mulligan on Superman?

Iron Man wasn't called Spider-Man, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinnycal View Post
            I read an article once where some market analysts argued that DC Comics gives Warner Bros the largest untapped library of intellectual property in the known galaxy.

So.

Um.

How about maybe they try to launch a different, more easily adaptable superhero franchise instead of taking yet another mulligan on Superman?

Iron Man wasn't called Spider-Man, after all.
            Green Lantern is in the works, man. Cross your fingers.
            "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Yea, Superman Returns was... more disappointing than anything. I hated it so much...

I think getting Nolan on board is an attempt to restore "hope" to the fans. You know, a possibility that it could be actually good since Nolan has an impressive back catalog... blah blah blah

I think they need to put a new spin on the Gary Stu that is Superman... go big and take some risks.

On a side note, I just finished reading Superman: Red Son which I thought was pretty awesome... it even revived my interest in Superman which fueled me to track down a Superman story I wrote when I was 12. The saddest thing is it's still one of the best things I've ever written. I'm surprised at how dark it was and how much "theme" was present in it. Was extremely original for fanfic too...

Comment

Working...
              X