Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFK Biopic

I was having lunch with Bob Cooper a couple of weeks ago and he told me he had just closed a deal on a book and pitched it to me the way he pitched it when he sold it. It was a phenomenal pitch, I was riveted.

I wish I had a tape of it, watching the guy pitch this thing in 90 seconds was like a master class.

Basically, he pitched it like this:

"I optioned a biography recently, so this is a true story. There's a successful young guy who is an attorney. His brother is murdered. Because he is a high power attorney he both has access to high levels of government, and is convinced his brother was murdered because of his own actions. He began investigating the murder of his brother, and goes down a dark road into government corruption, mafia influence, scandal. Ultimately, it changes who he is as a human being, makes him question himself, and he decides to dedicate himself to service and run for public office. His name was Robert Kennedy."

That was it. Holding off on the reveal of who the figure was worked as a masterstroke.

Of course, Matt Damon is perfect for it.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

Re: RFK Biopic

"That was it. Holding off on the reveal of who the figure was worked as a masterstroke. "

Then why did you tell us in the subject line!

Comment

I concur, freaking awesome pitch.
      Ever thus to deadbeats.

Comment

Originally posted by emptyideas View Post
        "That was it. Holding off on the reveal of who the figure was worked as a masterstroke. "

Then why did you tell us in the subject line!
        Good point!

Comment

Working...
        X