Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for an editor

Can someone recommend a good script editor at a good price??

Re: Looking for an editor

I don't usually subscribe to editors and such, but after having an amazing editor work through some of my material, now I can't recommend him enough. He goes by COMIC BENT in here and he's pretty darn amazing. Hit him up, his rates are reasonable and he's a good guy.

His real name is Roland. Here's his website:
    http://www.rolandstroud.com/manuscriptdoctor/

Might I add, you only think you know the English language. Then you meet Roland.

Comment

Heh.

Thanks, Telly.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicBent View Post
        Heh.

Thanks, Telly.
        Do you really put "thousands of posts on screenwriting on the Internet" on your online resume??

Comment

thanks Telly....

Comment

And if you want another opinion, you could try JoanEasley, just pm her on the boards. I've been working with Joan for some time now and I have only great things to say about her and her work.

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
              Do you really put "thousands of posts on screenwriting on the Internet" on your online resume??
              C'mon man.

If you spent some time and read through the countless posts he's made on DDP (which is what he's referring to) you'll see just how insightful and generous his posts are. He helps A LOT of people around here and has been doing so for a long time.

Comment

smart man.
                It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

I've used Comic's service as well and can recommend him. He improves the read while still retaining your voice.

Originally posted by Telly View Post
                  I don't usually subscribe to editors and such, but after having an amazing editor work through some of my material, now I can't recommend him enough. He goes by COMIC BENT in here and he's pretty darn amazing. Hit him up, his rates are reasonable and he's a good guy.

His real name is Roland. Here's his website:
                  http://www.rolandstroud.com/manuscriptdoctor/

Might I add, you only think you know the English language. Then you meet Roland.
                  826dk

ARTicles: Kick Your Creative A** Into Gear

DK - Script Revolution

Comment

Thanks, all ... I am pretty much having to limit myself to editing/analyzing screenplays and other short works right now, because I am determined to finish writing a stage play by the end of April (something that I think is pretty darn good and that has been in the works for a long time). I have had to defer on requests to read/edit a novel or two, because they take so much time.

Please feel free to write to me and tell me what you have.

Roland
                    ComicBent

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Thanks, Spacefarer. That's nice to hear.

Joan

Originally posted by spacefarer View Post
                      And if you want another opinion, you could try JoanEasley, just pm her on the boards. I've been working with Joan for some time now and I have only great things to say about her and her work.

Comment

I'm in a writers group with Joan - she gives fantastic notes. She has a great eye and a very clear way of explaining her thoughts.

Not sure what sort of editing you're after, but you can't go wrong with Joan or Roland.

For reference, I'm a working editor too, but not for scripts, just manuscripts and prose documents. They'd be the first people I'd go to with my scripts.

Nic

(This is Nic, the writer/editor speaking, not Nic the Moderator. :-) )
                        Last edited by nic.h; 01-26-2011, 12:09 PM. Reason: To clarify my position
                        sigpic

Website
                        Tweets
                        Book

Comment

Thanks, Nic. I didn't know you edited, but I'm sure you're excellent at it. Everything you just said about me is true of you.

Comment

Thanks Joan. Yes, editing is my day job. I used to work in publishing but I've been freelance editing and writing for the past six years. Plus, teaching Creative Writing at university during semester.

But, again, I don't edit scripts for money. I don't feel like I know enough about it to do that professionally. Not yet, anyway.
                            sigpic

Website
                            Tweets
                            Book

Comment

Working...
                            X