What's the Craziest Story You've Heard...?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the Craziest Story You've Heard...?

...about someone getting a script meeting, getting their script sold, or getting an actor to read their script? I promise I'm not looking for ideas, haha! A friend and I were discussing "crazy" Hollywood (from our little corner of Michigan, it all seems pretty crazy), and coming up with insane "ideas" people could do. Finally, we wondered if people actually tried the stuff we were coming up with.

So have fun sharing!
    ~* Kelsey *~

http://kelseytalksaboutmovies.blog.com/

Re: What's the Craziest Story You've Heard...?

A friend of mine had a valet put his script on the front seat of an agent's car.

My friend is still unemployed.

Comment

Way back, I heard of two wannabe producers fresh out of USC film school, brought a monkey into a pitch meeting...

Don't remember the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Landis26 View Post
        Way back, I heard of two wannabe producers fresh out of USC film school, brought a monkey into a pitch meeting...

Don't remember the outcome.
        They were there to throw out some sh!t.
        If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
        Dave Barry

Comment

Terrence Winter.

Comment

Originally posted by ihavebiglips View Post
            Terrence Winter.
            You have a pretty cool story of your own, buddy.
            QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

I have a story-in-progress...not sure if there's an ending, but it seems like there maybe might could be sort of (and perhaps a restraining order). I live in a condo that was rehabbed into condos from apartments, and I recently found out that I live in the very same space that Gary Sinise and Laurie Metcalf lived in (the lease was found when they pulled the old cabinets away from the kitchen wall). I'm looking at the lease right now...the rent was $200 and Sinise's parents had to co-sign. Do I have a screenplay with a great role for Sinise? Yes. Does having his former lease mean anything? No, but if you have a great role for an actor and you find that they used to live where you now write...it's sort of a crazy story.

Comment

Originally posted by jcpdoc View Post
                I have a story-in-progress...not sure if there's an ending, but it seems like there maybe might could be sort of (and perhaps a restraining order). I live in a condo that was rehabbed into condos from apartments, and I recently found out that I live in the very same space that Gary Sinise and Laurie Metcalf lived in (the lease was found when they pulled the old cabinets away from the kitchen wall). I'm looking at the lease right now...the rent was $200 and Sinise's parents had to co-sign. Do I have a screenplay with a great role for Sinise? Yes. Does having his former lease mean anything? No, but if you have a great role for an actor and you find that they used to live where you now write...it's sort of a crazy story.
                That is pretty fantastic.

I was expecting stories of throwing scripts over the fences of actors' homes, haha. I guess I am glad to hear that these are not the stories being offered. I guess it's hard to sell anything from prison, eh?
                ~* Kelsey *~

http://kelseytalksaboutmovies.blog.com/

Comment

At one of the Austin panels, a writer mentioned joining a mommy group that she knew some unnamed-but-importantant industry person also belonged to and then using the club's email list to contact this person. Although since the writer actually HAD a child and didn't adopt or steal one to get in the club, it's not that crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Landis26 View Post
                    Way back, I heard of two wannabe producers fresh out of USC film school, brought a monkey into a pitch meeting.
                    I heard about a writer who brought a prop to a pitch meeting for his action idea.

He walked into the room and promptly pulled out his prop--a handgun.

Things didn't go well.

Comment

Working...
                    X