No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Walking Dead Season 3

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post

Although Andrea and Michonne are really bugging me. Their outright hostility from the moment they meet the Governor makes no narrative sense, other than as a sloppy shortcut. And Michonne's continued game of playing master detective to the guv rather than fade back and observe makes no tactical sense for someone that survives on their wits. Although Andrea turning on the steam towards the man might actually play out to something more interesting than just soap opera...
    Agree.

Andrea's reaction make sense. The world has gone to hell, she's been through hell, they found a small slice of civilization, who in their right mind would want to leave? I'd be signing up for guard duty and scoutin' for young single hotties.

Even if Andrea is suspicious, she's playing it cool. Making Merle an ally is a smart move. I'm really curious to see how that plays out. After being denied going to search for his brother, I don't think Merle is 100% behind the Gov anymore.

Michonne, complete distrust from the very start for no reason. She's acting like they walked into the Book of Eli town.

What really drove me nuts was when she found the bullet holes and blood on the military vehicles. She completely played her hand and gave away her suspicions to the Gov. She still hasn't told Andrea what she found, WTF?

I'm also not so sure why Michonne doesn't just leave, why is she waiting for Andrea?

Other than that, I'm really liking this season so far.
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

Comment

I don't think Michonne's suspicions are that unwarranted. Perhaps she's naturally distrustful and that has allowed her to survive for so long on her own (even before Andrea).

Comment

Originally posted by docgonzo View Post
        I don't think Michonne's suspicions are that unwarranted. Perhaps she's naturally distrustful and that has allowed her to survive for so long on her own (even before Andrea).
        It's not that she's suspicious, it's that she's spilling her suspicions to the man she suspects whacked a squad of National Guardsmen. Seeing that she's essentially a captive without access to even a butter knife, surrounded by armed thugs, that's kind of a pisspoor survival tactic. There's badass, and then there's dumbass. Michonne is being a posturing dumbass.
        "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Saw both episodes last night and man, wow.

THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD!!!
          http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

I liked how they waited until T-Dog was dead before the writers decided to give him a backstory. "Liked" being a euphemism for "rolled my eyes."
            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Goodbye sane-Rick. You will be missed. You've got a phone call

Comment

Honestly, I'm surprised that they

SPOILER ALERT

x
                x
                x
                x
                x
                x
                x
                x
                x
                x
                x
                xx
                x
                x
                x
                Killed Lori when they did--I thought she would have been around awhile longer. The C-section was gruesome---hell, she would have died from the infection alone (no sterilization) and blood loss. And the topper with Carl was heartwrenching. Still, Lori was a charater I loved to hate, and I'm sad she's gone. If Hershel had bit, I would be devastated.

As for Andrea, stupid is as stupid does. I am thinking the "experiments" alluded to are in the hopes of finding a cure to help the Governor's daughter. Based on the upcoming previews, looks like we haven't seen the last of Michonne either. All in all, this season is heads and tails above last year.
                Last edited by LIMAMA; 11-12-2012, 09:48 AM. Reason: me

Comment

Was that Lori at the end?

Comment

If you mean the scene with Lincoln stabbing the satiated zombie...ya. He sees the knife, knows it is Carl's....we can surmise what happened...

Comment

Don't the undead look somewhat like themselves? Most people I'm read are surmising that it isn't Lori. Perhaps Carol escaped, found her, sewed her up and is hiding?

Comment

Originally posted by absolutepower View Post
                        Don't the undead look somewhat like themselves? Most people I'm read are surmising that it isn't Lori. Perhaps Carol escaped, found her, sewed her up and is hiding?

Nicotero explained this on "Talking Dead" aftershow. Bloody drag marks show that the pot-bellied zomb dragged Lori to the next room (why, I dunno, better ambiance?) then ate her.

Like... ALL of her. Clothes, femurs, cranial plates and all.

Somehow left Carl's matricidal bullet behind on the floor for Rick to find.

For better or worse, here's an another example of the show sacrificing "The Rules" for a great payoff. I mean, when the hell has a zombie ever downed a livey whole, like Quint into the shark, before?

Comment

So much of this seems to be misdirection. Blatant.

Comment

I thought it was pretty obvious the fat fvck zombie vacuumed her up. I mean, he was basically holding her down through gritted teeth.

Comment

And Carol is dead too, remember?

Comment

She's gonna come back.

Just like in Prison Break.

Comment

Working...
                                X