"Bad" movies that you actually really like.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Bad" movies that you actually really like.

Jason X. It's bad and it's fun.

Comment

Trancers.

Comment

Drag Me to Hell is a friggin' dope flick.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I like the film. But I like it because I think it's so bad. Atrocious, really. Worse than See No Evil. In fact, it's so bad, after I first watched it, I wanted to sucker punch Justin Long's agent for allowing him to make the picture. He lost some street cred doing that film, as far as I'm concerned. Which is funny because if I had caught it on SciFi channel, I would have thought it was brilliant. Anywho, it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Vergerus View Post
            Jason X. It's bad and it's fun.
            yup.

Comment

Originally posted by bjamin View Post
              Freddy Got Fingered
              Hell yeah!
              I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

COMMANDO rules.

Comment

Formula 51

I like the plot, the characters, the casting. Watching Samuel L. Jackson offer us the energy of his angry characters, but here that energy is directed at having fun. While wearing a kilt.

Was the MacGuffin-like "the formula" kinda thin? Yeh, kinda. But otherwise, all the dots connected. And the climactic scene... Well, I have no idea if this film was the first to do that sort of moment, but it was ****ing awesome.

SPOILER ALERT That final moment was like... This is La Grande Bouffe; this is La Grande Bouffe on acid.

I am an easy mark for simple movies that say, "Here is our target" - and then they nail that target, dead center. That's the deal with this one. Bull's-eye.

Comment

THE FIFTH ESTATE was pretty well savaged by the critics, but I thought it was good. Not great, mind you, but an entertaining enough flick.

Comment

I love PROMETHEUS.
                      Whenever I tell people that, they feel compelled to talk me out of it, as if it's a personal affront to them that someone likes the movie. I recognize the plot holes. I've seen the funny video explaining all the problems. I don't give a sh*t. I love it.
                      https://twitter.com/DavidCoggeshall
                      http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1548597/

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                        THE FIFTH ESTATE was pretty well savaged by the critics, but I thought it was good. Not great, mind you, but an entertaining enough flick.
                        I agree. But I think it's only good if you're either a computer buff or are already familiar with the story. For most people, I think the first thirty minutes is a confusing mess.
                        wry

The rule is the first fifteen pages should enthrall me, but truth is, I'm only giving you about 3-5 pages. ~ Hollywood Script Reader

Comment

Someday Freddy Got Fingered will be recognised as the work of a genius. It's not a guilty please it is just plain brilliant.

But for an actual bad film it has to be Mortal Kombat II.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack Sparrow View Post
                            I don't know how you all sat through that scene in the Postman where he picks up the kid's letter and gets bronzed. For my money it doesn't get much more pretentious than that, how can anyone take that seriously?

Mind you, some of the locations were nice.
                            As for a so-called "bad" movie to like, "The Notebook" stays on my mind as an engaging story. Others may gag when I mention it, but I thought it was good all the way around.
                            Last edited by Clint Hill; 03-21-2014, 03:55 PM.
                            “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

There is no bad or good. There's only like/dislike.

Renowned critic Armond White hated 12 Years a Slave... enough to get him kicked out of a prestigious organization. Critics love/hate all sorts of things that I would dispute, and do.

Can 90% of the people be wrong? Well Hitler was pretty universally admired in Germany for a while.

How about explaining WHY you like these films?
                              Hell of a Deal -- Political Film Blog

Comment

Originally posted by castilleja32 View Post
                                (there aren't enough Catherine O'Hara movies, she is SO good)
                                Agreed. I heart her.
                                "You have idea 1, you're excited. It flops. You have idea 99, you're excited. It flops.
                                Only a fool is excited by the 100th idea. Fools keep trying. God rewards fools." --Martin Hellman, paraphrased

Comment

Working...
                                X