Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Lost in Space

Not sure if there is a thread on this yet, but I just wanted to see if anyone here has seen the new Lost in Space on Netflix.

I just got done binging it and I thought is was pretty good. I was a fan as a little kid of the original series when they did reruns on Sunday mornings before church. (I always hated the fact that I never got to see the last ten minutes or so because we had to leave to go to church.)

The new series has many nods to the original even though the story isn't quite the same.
    I love the robot especially the fact it is a guy in a suit and not all cgi. yaay!
    The actors do a pretty good job as well.

Looking forward to the next season when it comes out.

Re: The new Lost in Space

i only made it through the pilot, barely. Mollie Parker is always aces but I just didn't care

Comment

Originally posted by Darthclaw13 View Post
      Not sure if there is a thread on this yet, but I just wanted to see if anyone here has seen the new Lost in Space on Netflix.
      I thought the actors were well cast and probably well directed, because they did a really good job. Some fresh ideas and good effects. Definitely worth watching.

Even though I ended up liking it, I probably wouldn't have watched it if my daughters (who loved it) didn't keep insisting that I see it.

So I'm thinking maybe it wasn't made with my generation in mind.
      "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

I really liked it. Took the original and made the story, and characters, completely fresh and different. Dr. Smith, the Robot, and the family dynamic was great.

Comment

I've only watched the first couple of episodes, yeah it's okay but some elements seemed less than the original series (and the movie). "Doctor Smith" for example seemed like a random lying manipulative nutjob just thrown into the mix without purpose. I'll keep watching to see what else gets revealed there. But it needs to crank itself up a notch before it becomes a regular must-see.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
            I've only watched the first couple of episodes, yeah it's okay but some elements seemed less than the original series (and the movie). "Doctor Smith" for example seemed like a random lying manipulative nutjob just thrown into the mix without purpose. I'll keep watching to see what else gets revealed there. But it needs to crank itself up a notch before it becomes a regular must-see.
            I never watched the original series.

I agree that Dr. Smith was the weakest link.
            "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

Originally posted by StoryWriter View Post
              I never watched the original series.

I agree that Dr. Smith was the weakest link.
              that's a problem because Dr. Smith was the best part of the original series

Comment

Yes, Dr. Smith and her always plotting ways does appear to be weird and confusing. It gets cleared up in the last 2 episodes. I thought the first few episodes were a tad slow, but the last few make up for it.

Comment

I enjoyed this.

My biggest issue is that people seem to do stupid stuff because the writers need them to do it, not because it seems organic or natural to the situation.

These are smart people, they have to pass several tests to be approved, and they make stupid decisions. Even the boy Will, passes all tests but one.

Spoilers (highlight to reveal):

So you have a manipulative Dr Smith, but hey don't tell the children what's going on - just tell them to stay out of the basement.

You are in a cave where you need to stay quiet and not wake the apex predator, but hey let's bring in the noisy radio. Not to mention when the radio goes off no one is killed by the apex predator.

Didn't buy Dr Smith saved the dad, she would have killed the dad (as far as I could tell she still thought the robot was under her control). The fight with the aliens in the ship bay also ran false for me.

I was okay until episode 9 and 10 when the writer's thumb starts to feel too heavy. I will still check out next season see if it smooths out.
                  826dk

ARTicles: Kick Your Creative A** Into Gear

DK - Script Revolution

Comment

Working...
                  X