Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parks and Recreation

Giggled a few times. It felt like ten focus groups were put together and this was the result. If felt so "safe trying to seem edgy"

I have never seen NBC this desperate for something to work though. Not only did they use The Office as a lead-in. They put another Office AFTER it. Basically forcing Office fans to watch this, lol.
    Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Re: Parks and Recreation

It was terrible.

It was the exact same show as the Office, but a bad version.

The only difference between pohler's character and Michael Scott is genitalia. IT'S THE EXACT SAME CHARACTER.

The smart ass sidekick even gave the camera a few carbon copy jim smirks.

I heard it tested really bad and it wouldnt surprise me if it doesnt come back in the fall. If you're gonna be completely unoriginal, it better be damn funny and this wasnt.

It's one thing for a film to be just another so-so cookie cutter copy cause it's just a couple hours and people will watch it n forget it--but a weekly series requires a commitment from viewers and what works okay for films doesnt work for TV.

One thing that bugs me about the office and will no doubt bug me about PnR is that they're set in the North and it's always sunny when they go outside.

No rain, no snow--just sun. Part of the fabric and mindset of places like Scranton n Pawnee is that you just dont live in podunk towns, you live in cold podunk towns where winter grinds you down. They totally miss out on that.

Comment

One of the trades (I can't remember which one I read it in) didn't care for it much. Too bad, I like Amy Poehler. The good thing for her is even if it doesn't last I think she'll get another show, probably even a development deal if she doesn't have one already.
      "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

I like Amy's energy but it wasn't all that good. I was super hyped to see it and it feel flat. Really, really flat.
        I rock it for Jesus and I'm in love.

Dreaming the impossible dream, working towards realizing it one day at a time.

http://johnnyatthemovies.wordpress.com/

Comment

Aziz as Tom was good. I laughed when he spoke. That's about it.

Comment

They should've just made an Office spin-off. Since it's going to be compared to The Office anyway, why play this game where you're pretending it's not?
            Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

I, too, saw the pilot and was immediately shocked by the fact that it pretty much uses the same faux doc style as "The Office." Are all sitcoms going to become like this? Don't get me wrong, I like the style, but I didn't think NBC would have two sitcoms on the air using the same style.

And I'm sorry, but as much as I like Amy Poehler, there is little distinction between her character and Michael Scott. Even when she's trying to do something right, like saying she's going to build a new park, it came off like Michael's "fun-run to beat rabies" bit or his diversity day bit.

Overall, I liked the show and laughed a few times. It's just hard for me to imagine it lasting long.

Comment

I thought it was lame for same reason most of you did, complete Office rip-off and so unoriginal it made me question why I even bother. I feel bad for all you TV writers that work so hard at original work when it comes right down to Execs trying to recapture lighting by recreating the same junk with a different spin. How can you guys crack that? Seems impossible.

Comment

Based on the tease, it sounded so completely unoriginal that I couldn't even force myself to watch it (and like most posters here, I am a very big fan of Amy Poehler's work). Most of the premises of the new shows that are beginning to air, again sound like retreads or clones. In some ways you can't blame them, they probably all are playing it safe in the current economic environment, and pushing something that flew once is harder to second guess than going for the home run.

Still think that a non-domestic, diverse, mult-ethnic, comedy that spares no one and occaisonly has something to say, would kill if someone had the guts to run one. Eccentric in the sticks or if the character's hood is in a cul de sac, always seem like they start getting repetitive to me, comapred to characters and stories in a bigger pond

Comment

Caught the second episode. I liked it a little better than the pilot, but still wonder if this show has legs.

Comment

This show has legs. It is really good. I really, really, really find Amy P. charming, sweet, funny, and determined in this role. I'm rooting for Leslie. She's so focused on getting it done that she misses out on things the last episode really highlights this in her missing Andy's Bands gig to for what she thinks is a business meeting.

The last three episodes have been great. I'm glad this one got picked up.
                      I rock it for Jesus and I'm in love.

Dreaming the impossible dream, working towards realizing it one day at a time.

http://johnnyatthemovies.wordpress.com/

Comment

it doesn't entirely suck. the indian guy and the manager with the mustache are very funny. Amy P is kind of annoying in this.
                        If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

I think they're finding their stride. The season finale was the best episode yet. I find Leslie Knope's odd mix of naivete and ambition adorable, and it's good to see Pohler try something outside of her comfort zone.

Rashida Jones brings some sex appeal to the show and is also great as the "straight man."Aziz Ansari and Ron Offerman both bring "the funny" and Paul Schneider is just a great character actor and can pull off anything.

I also like where they're going with the simmering relationship between Schneider and Jones. This should provide some funny tension btwn. Jones and Pohler next season.
                          "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
                          - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

Aziz is pretty funny. Check this awesome human giant sketch that he does with Will Arnett. Classic.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/4f5...nd-will-arnett

Comment

Man, no one here has mentioned this show since 2009? This show is fracking hilarious! Every character truly marches by the beat of their own drum. It's putting The Office to shame right now.

The character of Ron Swanson is one of my favorites on tv.

Rob Lowe is hilarious.

We should be talking about this show. Doesn't anyone have anything to say about it?
                              Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                              Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X