Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black List Sneak Peak

The top ten are as follows, complete list coming today apparently.

49 votes: "College Republicans" by Wes Jones. Aspiring politician Karl Rove leads a dirty campaign for College Republican chairman under the guidance of Lee Atwater. Anonymous Content producing.

47 votes: "Jackie" by Noah Oppenheim. Jacqueline Kennedy's life immediately after her husband's assassination. Darren Aronofsky directing for Fox Searchlight.

45 votes: "All You Need Is Kill" by Dante Harper. A new army recruit in a war against aliens finds himself caught in a time loop. Set up at Warner Bros. Doug Liman may direct.

43 votes: "Safe House" by David Guggenheim. A young man at a CIA-run safe house must help a rogue ex-agent escape assassins. Universal Pictures to produce with Daniel Espinoza to direct. Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington to star.

39 votes: "Stoker" by Wentworth Miller. After the death of her father, a teenage girl must deal with a mysterious uncle. Fox Searchlight purchased the script.

32 votes: "999" by Matt Cook. A gang of crooked cops plans a major heist that requires them to shoot a fellow officer. Anonymous Content producing.

31 votes: "Margin Call" by J.C. Chandor. A fictional account of the final 24 hours of Lehman Brothers. Chandor has directed stars Kevin Spacey and Paul Bettany. Film will debut at Sundance Film Festival next month.

30 votes: "American Bull----" by Eric Warren Singer. The true story of the FBI's 1980 undercover sting operation of Congress, dubbed Abscam, which was designed to root out corruption and was the brainchild of a con man. Sony Pictures has optioned the script.

28 votes: "Argo" by Chris Terrio. The true story of how the CIA, with help from Hollywood, used a fake movie project to smuggle hostages out of Tehran during the 1979 hostage crisis. Optioned by Warner Bros.

24 votes: "The Last Son of Isaac Lemay" by Greg Johnson. An aging outlaw, convinced that there's evil in his genes, goes on a journey to kill his offspring. Gore Verbinski's company producing.

Re: Black List Sneak Peak

If anybody has any of these scripts, PM me.

Okay, bad joke.

Apparently, true stories/real people are big this year. All You Need is Kill reminds me of Source Code.
    Nobody's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
      The top ten are as follows, complete list coming today apparently.

49 votes: "College Republicans" by Wes Jones. Aspiring politician Karl Rove leads a dirty campaign for College Republican chairman under the guidance of Lee Atwater. Anonymous Content producing.

47 votes: "Jackie" by Noah Oppenheim. Jacqueline Kennedy's life immediately after her husband's assassination. Darren Aronofsky directing for Fox Searchlight.

45 votes: "All You Need Is Kill" by Dante Harper. A new army recruit in a war against aliens finds himself caught in a time loop. Set up at Warner Bros. Doug Liman may direct.

43 votes: "Safe House" by David Guggenheim. A young man at a CIA-run safe house must help a rogue ex-agent escape assassins. Universal Pictures to produce with Daniel Espinoza to direct. Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington to star.

39 votes: "Stoker" by Wentworth Miller. After the death of her father, a teenage girl must deal with a mysterious uncle. Fox Searchlight purchased the script.

32 votes: "999" by Matt Cook. A gang of crooked cops plans a major heist that requires them to shoot a fellow officer. Anonymous Content producing.

31 votes: "Margin Call" by J.C. Chandor. A fictional account of the final 24 hours of Lehman Brothers. Chandor has directed stars Kevin Spacey and Paul Bettany. Film will debut at Sundance Film Festival next month.

30 votes: "American Bull----" by Eric Warren Singer. The true story of the FBI's 1980 undercover sting operation of Congress, dubbed Abscam, which was designed to root out corruption and was the brainchild of a con man. Sony Pictures has optioned the script.

28 votes: "Argo" by Chris Terrio. The true story of how the CIA, with help from Hollywood, used a fake movie project to smuggle hostages out of Tehran during the 1979 hostage crisis. Optioned by Warner Bros.

24 votes: "The Last Son of Isaac Lemay" by Greg Johnson. An aging outlaw, convinced that there's evil in his genes, goes on a journey to kill his offspring. Gore Verbinski's company producing.
      List is out, have fun!

Comment

- Edited -

I would love to read 999, COLLEGE REPUBLICANS, THE LAST SON OF ISAAC LEMAY, HYDE, HOVERCAR 3D and RICKY STANICKY.
        Last edited by MontanaHans; 12-13-2010, 09:18 AM. Reason: I'm a douche.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaHans View Post
          ALL YOU NEED IS KILL was based on a graphic novel. I think it was an assignment. Isn't the BL supposed to include the best unproduced SPECS? Or is it just unproduced SCRIPTS? Also, MARGIN CALL is already in the can and ready to go to Sundance. Why is that on the list? Griping aside, I would love to read 999, COLLEGE REPUBLICANS and THE LAST SON OF ISAAC LEMAY.
          No, not true. That's why "the Hitlist" was created, just to showcase specs.

The Social Network by Sorkin was previously on the list, along with many other adaptations from established writers
          Last edited by nathanq; 12-13-2010, 09:28 AM.

Comment

THE LAST SON OF ISAAC LEMAY sounds interesting.

Comment

List is out-

http://blcklst.com/

Shotgun Cinders didn't make it. But then, I didn't expect it to. That's one hell of a tight list. Hope one of us DD'ers made it!

Comment

Originally posted by JRS3 View Post
                Apparently, true stories/real people are big this year.
                Unfortunately. I'd rather hear some original ideas.

Comment

Nice to see my manager's name associated with the #1 script. Intimidating as hell, but nice.

Comment

lol @ the "all black everything". someone's a fan of Jay-Z

Comment

hmph. no comedies in the top 10.

-MT
                      If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

Congrats to those on the list. Great to see Noah Oppenheim twice on the list. I've known him for over 10 years.

Comment

I had read one of The Black List scripts about nine months ago, and it needed a lot of work. Very cool concept, but it was clearly an early draft and couldn't have survived beyond the concept.

There is some disclaimer at the beginning of the BL that says these aren't the best scripts but most liked. It's entirely possible another version of this script is out there, but I don't see how the script I read could be well liked.

Again, the concept was very interesting but the script was almost incomplete.

So what are the execs voting on? Quality of script? Idea? Social relevance? All of the above?

Anyone know?
                          Quato Lives!

Comment

Originally posted by EddieCoyle View Post
                            I had read one of The Black List scripts about nine months ago, and it needed a lot of work. Very cool concept, but it was clearly an early draft and couldn't have survived beyond the concept.

There is some disclaimer at the beginning of the BL that says these aren't the best scripts but most liked. It's entirely possible another version of this script is out there, but I don't see how the script I read could be well liked.

Again, the concept was very interesting but the script was almost incomplete.

So what are the execs voting on? Quality of script? Idea? Social relevance? All of the above?

Anyone know?
                            Well, nine months is plenty of time to write new drafts, and to allow the latest draft to circulate.

Not saying this is the case, but it's well possible.

Comment

Really interested in Gangster Squad by Will Beall. L.A. Rex was great.
                              Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

Working...
                              X