• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boardwalk Empire...

so is anybody excited to see this show?

http://www.hbo.com/boardwalk-empire/index.html

i'm looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Juno Styles; 09-19-2010, 09:58 PM.
    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Re: Boardwalk Empire...........

Pumped. Read the pilot, which was solid, though not as fascinating as The Soprano's or anything. Still very good, though.

Comment

i think this is going to get better as we get to know the characters more. i liked the direction they're going in though.
      One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

The guy that's playing young al capone played the same character in the Michael Mann movie about john dillinger. I think he's perfect for that role and looks like him kinda too.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Classic Scorsese. This is going to be that one show that sits above everyone else like Sopranos and Dexter.

****SPOILER****

I was busy during the day and kept pausing it while watching, so I'm still a little confused on the latter part of the story. I get why Jimmy was in on the heist, but who really came out ahead in the end?

Capone took the alcohol back to Chicago, so he could get it to Rothstein, right? But Jimmy took the profits and gave it back to Nucky? So did Nucky come out ahead because of Jimmy and his debt to Rothstein, or did both Rothstein and Nucky come out even? Or something else? It wasn't quite clear why Nucky would benefit at all from the heist. He owed Rothstein that 33k(93k winnings-60K for the booze=owed 33k), so he paid him out, so technically Nucky is down 33k, right? So when Jimmy gave him the envelope, that was pretty much getting his money back and then some, correct? I think that's it.

Ha, sorry so confusing. I should check an episode guide.

Comment

Jimmy never said what the split was with Capone on the heist. Whatever Jimmy gave Nucky was just his cut, percentage kicked up to him... the real profits go to Jonny Torrio who whacked Colosimo selling the booze...
            "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

yea i was confused on who made out too....so Jonny Torrio was the dude that blew the fat dude away while he was listening to the record player?

i do love the conflict they're building....things are bubbling on all sides.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

This show has the potential to be great. I enjoyed the first episode.
                I read to the first typo

-Hollywood agent

Comment

Loved the show. Excellent writing, great atmosphere.
                  http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

i wish they would've showed a little more behind the scenes. in the pre show the way they put the set together looked great.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Besides drawing the audience into the kind of world that rarely is built for TV, you get the sense that action is going to be coming your way from so many different angles that you might as well sink into the couch, because you will be wasting your time trying to anticipate where this series is going. Great first episode!

Comment

Liked, didn't love the first episode. The main problem for me was the lack of focus on who Nucky Thompson is. The great thing about THE SOPRANO'S and MAD MEN is how they put a magnifying glass to the main character right from the get-go. They were complex right off the bat. I don't know who Nucky is or really care at this point. The other characters -- Jimmy Damody, Rothstein and Capone, to me, are more interesting. Nucky doesn't seem to have as complex a role.

My other problem is the show is exactly what you expect it to be. Lots of gangsters doing gangster stuff. An obsessive FBI agent after them, etc. That's okay, but THE SOPRANO'S had a lot more going on.

Also, I hope they don't go the route of showing a bunch of "you screwed me, I screw you" storylines. There needs to be more.

Comment

loved it. Steve Buscemi may be the ugliest man in hollywood, but damn is he good.

MT
                          If Lindsey Lohan has a child, and that child will lead...I will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by mtoomey View Post
                            loved it. Steve Buscemi may be the ugliest man in hollywood, but damn is he good.

MT
                            Has he ever been a lead in anything? He's very under rated.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by mtoomey View Post
                              I find him distractedly unattractive. I couldn't decide if he looked more like a fish or a corpse. Looks aside, I think he's a great actor and yet missing something to be a leading man. Charisma? Sense of power or menace? Or even on screen presence? Not sure, but I wasn't really on board.

Comment

Working...
                              X