EASTER: A CELEBRATORY EXPOSITION - C'est FINI!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EASTER: A CELEBRATORY EXPOSITION - C'est FINI!

As Easter fast approaches, I thought it would be nice to hold a celebratory exposition of material--for those who are interested in doing such--in the form of a short screenplay of several pages or so. (Keep it to a sensible 'short' length otherwise you might discourage potential readers/voters from enjoying your magnum opus)

Theme: A Celebration of Easter

Note: Whether religious-, chocolate- or bunny(as in rabbit)-inspired, it matters not, just write something that expresses how you personally feel about Easter.

Entry Rules:
    1. One entry per person, each entry to be marked "Easter '04".
    2. Once an entry is posted, just leave it be...no tinkering, etc., as this should all be done before you post it! Though this rule is not written in stone, please (be disciplined enough to) try to adhere to it.
    3. Deadline for posting entries: Friday, 26 March 2004.

Voting Rules:
    4. One vote per person; each voter can nominate a maximum of 3 script entries, howsoever they may be placed.**
    5. Voting format: 1. (3 points), 2. (2 points), 3. (1 point).
    6. If several entries share a particular voting slot, they will each be awarded the appropriate point(s) for that placement. E.g., 2. Xxxx + Yyyy + Zzzz (each entry will receive 2 points each)
    7. An entrant may NOT vote for his/her own submission.
    8. Voting Opens: Saturday, 27 March 2004.
    9. Voting Closes: Tuesday, 30 March 2004.
    10. Winners Announced: Wednesday, 31 March 2004.

Prizes:
    1. There are NO prizes.
    2. However, you can experience the joy of sharing your work with the rest of the DD community; and with any visitors who should happen across this (proposed) celebratory exposition.

Note to Will:
    Will has already given the go ahead, so...

That's it. Have fun. Get writing. Enjoy!

Good luck!

Edited to correct a format spacing problem.
    Edited again to delete the 'permission to proceed' request, and thereby avoid any possible confusion.
    Edited to add: ** (suggested by Supersquid191)

Re: EASTER: A CELEBRATORY EXPOSITION

This Space Reserved for my entry, should we get the go ahead!

Edited to add: To comply with the rules, I have posted my submission in a new thread....this helps me to avoid the 'to edit' rule for said submission (even though I can spot an error with [top] and [bottom] html formatting still showing. Drat! )

Comment

6. If several entries share a particular voting slot, they will each be awarded the appropriate point(s) for that placement. E.g., 2. Xxxx + Yyyy + Zzzz (each entry will receive 2 points each)
      I have an issue with this rule.

I think each voter should be allowed to vote for three entries, only. One. Two. Three. No ties. The whole point of judging other entries is to make the tough calls between stories. As an absurd example, consider the following pseudo-vote.

First: gary, dclary, gotham, augie, writepro
      Second: Herman
      Third: Not-Groose

I have just distrubuted 18 points, when I should only get 6. One. Two. Three.

Respectfully submitted.

Comment

I'm with groose...

...but I think kc already knows that.

Comment

this should be fun. I can't wait for my entry to land, current working title. 'How my toolbelt helped pay for the sins of all mankind'

Comment

Groose and Raven - I understand your point, and it is well made. My thinking behind this rule is that sometimes, one can be hard-pressed to make a choice between one or the other, and would feel it unfair if one missed out over the other when both deserves equal consideration.

So, in line with commonly used competition scoring rules, I feel that the rule in force should not be a problem; unless, people deliberately abuse the system. And that can and does happen. I am, however, hoping that people will be mature about things and apply common sense to this issue.

We'll see!

Comment

I think, if you're going to allow ties, you should amend the rule to say that each person can only vote for three scripts since we're only voting for first, second and third.

Example: If I say dclary and writepro tie for first, the next person I vote for would have to be in third place, not second since there are already two people ahead of him/her.

If I have a three way tie for first, then the next person would be in fourth place and fourth gets no points.

Comment

Supersquid191 - good point. The rules have been amended.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

However, I'm pretty sure now that no one's going to think mine is number one, even IF tied with writepros.

Comment

Because of time differences and computer access problems, I am now going to open the Official Easter '04 Voting Thread in a seperate thread.

For those who are interested, the Voting Rules are as follows...

Voting Rules:
                    4. One vote per person; each voter can nominate a maximum of 3 script entries, howsoever they may be placed.**
                    5. Voting format: 1. (3 points), 2. (2 points), 3. (1 point).
                    7. An entrant may NOT vote for his/her own submission.
                    8. Voting Opens: Saturday, 27 March 2004.
                    9. Voting Closes: Tuesday, 30 March 2004.
                    10. Winners Announced: Wednesday, 31 March 2004.

Thank you.

Good night and good luck!

Comment

Re: EASTER: A CELEBRATORY EXPOSITION - CLOSED!

C'est FINI.

Thanks to...
                      Will - for letting us do this.
                      Comic - for kind assistance rendered.
                      Mods - for not 'vanishing' the whole damn thing, when in fact, it probably would have been a great idea...only to have it mysteriously resurface a few days later. Nah, scrub that idea.
                      Participants - for your creative submissions.
                      Voters - ditto.
                      The other 99%* of Done Dealers - for you incredible support.

Th-th-that's all, folks! Now you can get back to the important stuff like One-on-One or Chat!

Thank you and good night.

* This is a guestimate only; and no doubt, some clever-clogs will present a more accurate figure. In case there's a taker for the title: thank you for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X