2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

Looks like 4-6 months for a response is about right. It's not being ungrateful to want to know how long it takes for an answer, as a number of writers have already asked this question (on this forum and the Amazon Studios forum). It's certainly normal for any writer to want to know this. Regarding what is a good script, you would have to agree this is a very subjective judgement. I suspect Dan has already taken a pass on scripts that have either won screenplay contests or received very favorable reviews from other readers and taken a pass for one reason or another. There are so many examples of scripts that were passed on entirely by everyone in Hollywood, and then went on to be independently produced and became winners. These decisions about scripts are very personal.

Comment

• Re: 2012 HeartWalk: Get considered by Benderspink and Help Fight Heart Disease...

Somebody link me to this Amazon Studios thread.
      "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Originally posted by MikeD View Post
        Looks like 4-6 months for a response is about right. It's not being ungrateful to want to know how long it takes for an answer, as a number of writers have already asked this question (on this forum and the Amazon Studios forum). It's certainly normal for any writer to want to know this. Regarding what is a good script, you would have to agree this is a very subjective judgement. I suspect Dan has already taken a pass on scripts that have either won screenplay contests or received very favorable reviews from other readers and taken a pass for one reason or another. There are so many examples of scripts that were passed on entirely by everyone in Hollywood, and then went on to be independently produced and became winners. These decisions about scripts are very personal.
        Why don't you query the normal way, and when you get a bite, tell the person reading it that you want an exact date for when you'll hear back from them. Then let us know how that works out for you.

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
        Somebody link me to this Amazon Studios thread.
        Don't even bother yourself with negativity. You've done such a wonderful thing, no need to muddle it with dirty water.

Comment

I agree - you get some negative nancy's here for sure, but AS is FULL of 'em.
          www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
          http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

We are gearing up to start up the 2013 drive in the coming weeks.

If you've submitted for 2012 and still haven't heard back, please email me to follow up and we'll see where Dan is at with your read.

Thanks.
            "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Working...
            X