Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walking failure

My feature had a limited theatrical release and it's now on Amazon Prime.

I sent emails to the entire town (managers and agents), no answers. Not a one.

Holy cow.

I'm a walking failure.

Not even when my script gets released I can get an email response, let alone a lousy meeting.

I must really suck. Oh, and have "no voice".

Mh... I guess this where I should quit?

Re: Walking failure.

You got one produced. Get back to writing. Get back to networking. Write and make a short film. Get back to being busy while you wait. Maybe the next break won't come. Maybe it will. But it definitely won't show up if you quit.
    Remember, they're not rejecting you personally. It's just your material hasn't found the right match yet. There's maybe one out of a hundred or a thousand who will "get" and fall in love with your writing. You just gotta keep searching for The One...

Comment

Re: Walking failure

You're definitely not a failure. You've had YOUR movie (script) released and now it's on Amazon Prime. I can't imagine anyone here would call that anything but a success story. Good for you.
      What's your movie called, so I can watch it?

Comment

Originally posted by vstm10 View Post

Holy cow.

I'm a walking failure.

Not even when my script gets released I can get an email response, let alone a lousy meeting.

“No! Never give up. Never surrender. Activate the Omega 13.”

Did you expect to hit a home run on your first at-bat? Practice makes perfect, as the saying goes. Or in the film industry, practice makes you better, at least. Keep practicing.

“You go back, Jack. Do it again.”
        “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Congrats on getting produced! No small feat.

Did you email these reps with the compelling logline for another finished project? If not, the lack of response makes sense, since your produced credit alone isn't enough to prove you can make them money. I would be trying to show them you can deliver more material that can make their jobs easier.

And if you did approach with a logline for another project, maybe reconsider that logline and/or project, since it isn't generating any interest? Reps will absolutely respond, albeit in very small numbers, to an intriguing logline, regardless of your experience.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by dcribbs View Post
            You're definitely not a failure. You've had YOUR movie (script) released and now it's on Amazon Prime. I can't imagine anyone here would call that anything but a success story. Good for you.
            What's your movie called, so I can watch it?
            Thank you dcribbs.

Interference

http://a.co/d/ce62HH0

Comment

Re: Walking failure.

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post
              You got one produced. Get back to writing. Get back to networking. Write and make a short film. Get back to being busy while you wait. Maybe the next break won't come. Maybe it will. But it definitely won't show up if you quit.
              Remember, they're not rejecting you personally. It's just your material hasn't found the right match yet. There's maybe one out of a hundred or a thousand who will "get" and fall in love with your writing. You just gotta keep searching for The One...
              thank you Dango.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFang View Post

Did you expect to hit a home run on your first at-bat?
                Well, no... I was hoping at least an email back, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNeckJoe View Post

Did you email these reps with the compelling logline for another finished project?
                  I sent them an email inviting them to look at the trailer, looking for reps.

Comment

I sent them an email inviting them to look at the trailer, looking for reps.
                    They don't care. They want something they can sell, not to see something they can't sell. Plus, they need to see words on a page. Agents and managers sell words and know what ends up on the screen isn't always the words of a single writer, even if that writer is the only one credited.

The advice you got to send a logline query for your next project along with the news of your produced script is very good. That will get their attention, at least with managers. Don't give up. Thousands of unproduced writers wish they were where you are.

Comment

Originally posted by EdFury View Post

The advice you got to send a logline query for your next project along with the news of your produced script is very good. That will get their attention, at least with managers.
                      Ha! (smacks her forehead)

Duh... What was I thinking... Of course! They need something to sell...

thankyouthanyouthankyou

Comment

Originally posted by NoNeckJoe View Post
                        Did you email these reps with the compelling logline for another finished project? If not, the lack of response makes sense, since your produced credit alone isn't enough to prove you can make them money. I would be trying to show them you can deliver more material that can make their jobs easier.
                        Will do! Thank you!

Comment

Holy cow.

I'm a walking failure.

If it makes you feel any better, and it probably won't -- I feel like that every single day. I just got a pass on a script that previously, had been optioned by the executive producer of "The Dallas Buyers Club." (Option ran out.) Makes me feel like ****, frankly.

That said, I can't quit. Not yet, anyway. And neither should you. You've made some inroads that you can be proud of. Keep it up.

Wish you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by MargoChanning View Post
                            If it makes you feel any better, and it probably won't -- I feel like that every single day. I just got a pass on a script that previously, had been optioned by the executive producer of "The Dallas Buyers Club." (Option ran out.) Makes me feel like ****, frankly.

That said, I can't quit. Not yet, anyway. And neither should you. You've made some inroads that you can be proud of. Keep it up.

Wish you the best.
                            Thanx Margo.

Comment

Did you write or produce the movie?

If not anything else, this should be leverage for your next project if you have something ready to go.

Were you happy with how the movie turned out? Is it something you're proud to show other people? If so, that does count for something bro.
                              One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Working...
                              X