No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $55,500,000 in one day

Originally posted by billmarq
    Mind blast. "Silver Surfer." Now that would make a great movie.
    Not when it's getting folded into the Fantastic Four sequel.

Comment

POC2 - $1B WW box office by September? Will it have legs to beat Titanic's est. $1.8B in WW box office?
      Last edited by Authorized; 07-10-2006, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Wow!!!

By RAYMOND GLENN, Associated Press Writer 1 hour, 27 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - After the huge grosses of the Pirates of the Carribean sequel, producers of the upcoming film Miami Vice are scrambling for ways to fit pirates into the final cut. Director Michael Mann and his casting director have been setting up last minute auditions in Tampa Bay and Miami Beach, Florida to capitalize on the success of what looks to be Disney's most profitable franchise yet.
        Last edited by roscoegino; 07-10-2006, 04:06 PM.
        "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
        - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Not only does it shatter every Spider-Man record,
          I wouldn't say it "shattered" it... adjusted for inflation, it did just 6 mill better than spidey.

Still, not bad numbers. Just shows what a quality product a studio can make when it's building tentpoles. Glad I own stock in Disney.

Comment

I have lots of room on my private island of "I don't get it" (the hype of this franchise)
            "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

Originally posted by writer0825
              I have lots of room on my private island of "I don't get it" (the hype of this franchise)
              His name is Johnny Depp.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
              - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

His name is Johnny Depp.
                Ok, I still don't get it .....maybe that's the key for me and this franchise. Orlando's cool. So is Keira (gorgeous too) but don't care for Depp. Ahh, I guess that's it.
                "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

Orlando Bloom, cool? Wow.....you're weird.
                  sigpic

Comment

Orlando Bloom, cool? Wow.....you're weird.
                    As in I can deal with him unlike Depp.

Comment

Depp is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Bloom.

Stopping now before rumours start.
                      A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
                      Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
                      Money is better than compliments.

Comment

Depp is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Bloom.
                        To each his own.

But you know I still care!!!...and you know I'll let you know as soon as I see the previews for Natalie's naked scene she has coming up.

Comment

Got to see Pirates2 last night (Tuesday) for the first time. A terrific, Disneyland fun ride. Popcorn movie entertainment. Reminded me of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea and the Sinbad movie series. Cat calls from the ladies could be heard when Depp made his first appearance. The full-to-capacity audience applauded with approval after the 2.5 hour movie ended. Everyone got their money's worth and more!

Critics gave the movie mixed reviews. But, critics go into a movie looking for problems. Pirates2 isn't a critics movie, it's a mass appeal thrill ride and certainly will have enough continuing popularity to bring it close to the coveted $1B in worldwide gross mark.

Johnny Depp was the glue of the film. And will probably receive an GG and an Oscar nomination for his outstanding repeat icon performance as Captain Jack Sparrow. People in the world now have more pirate name recognition for Jack Sparrow than they do Captain Blackbeard or even Disney's Captain Hook.

********SPOILER************

The final few minutes of the ending was rather weak. Bringing Captain Barbarosa back for the third installment "Pirates of the Caribbean: World's End" is lame. Should have been more of a surprise...like Michael Eisner.

Comment

Working...
                          X