Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heroes 4-23-07

I thought it was setting something up - that even indesctructable people can be taken out. Where's the dramatic potential of apparently invincible people if they don't have an Achilles Heel?
    "The only reason most scripts are bad is because most people can't write." Leslie Dixon

Comment

Originally posted by HBeeOh
      It actually proved the opposite point, that he is indestructable. All anyone has to do is remove what it is that killed him so his body has room to heal.
      That's what I was thinking. Unless you can either A) obliterate his body or B) cut it up into four pieces and stash them away at the four corners of the earth (so they don't touch), the guy will just come back again and again.

EDIT: Though, taking it one step further, I seemed to get the impression that when Nathan realized Peter was "indestructible", the worry of his brother dying if he exploded was nullified. And so, it's one objection less he has to Linderman's crazy, apocalyptic plan and one step closer to cooperating with Linderman.

Comment

I dont know. I've seen every episode so far and still have no idea why I watch this every time its on. I mean, theres like ten subplots, none of which are all that intriguing.

Also, the show is called heroes yet no one has done anything that heroic yet. Its a bunch of self-serving people with powers they dont understand, and they all complain about it every episode. It's getting old. I mean, when I see the word hero I expect heroics, like saving lives and whatnot.

I know they plan to 'save the world', but get on with it already. Anyone else want to punch the cheerleader? If she whines through one more episode I'm going to be the one that explodes and destroys the planet.

But alas, I will watch again next week, like I do every week.

Comment

Originally posted by HBeeOh
          I guess that's true. If it all plays out like that, I case it's an acceptable use of the fake death.

But there is one thing that's unforgivable. How does no one go and tell poor Mohinder that Peter's not dead. The guy dragged his carcus out of an apartment, got a taxi (imagine what kind of a tip you gotta pay to get that ride) and brought him to the door step. Not only does Mama Petrelli not offer him anything to drink, she kicks him out. And no one can even bother to give him a call?

Very unheroic and rude behavior for a bunch of Heroes if you ask me.
          Yep, I thought the same thing. When they cut to Mohinder I was half-expecting him to be finding out about Peter, instead I see him with that other guy.

Also, you know what they say, keep the improbable off the screen: Someone getting into a cab with a dead body that has blood all over its face? Where the fck does that happen and ppl don't bat an eye? Only in the magical realm of "off-screen action."

Comment

Isn't Mohinder a cab driver?
            twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

Umm yeah....well, ermm....hmm....right..well, then...

Oh look at the rolling smiley!

What were we talking about?

Comment

Nonetheless, he'd still have to load a dead body into his cab in full view of the street, unless his apartment building has a dead-body-loading dock 'round the back.

On the one hand, I thought it was sort of tragically sweet of Mohinder to be unable to leave Peter's body in his apartment. On the other hand, even in a world of invincible cheerleaders and head-slicing bad guys, I still think it's a hell of a thought process to go, "Oh, no, he's dead. I can't leave him here. What should I do? I know! I'll put his body in the back of my cab, and take it to his mother's house!"

I guess he was trying to make a thoughtful gesture, but that there's a pretty macabre way to get your maudlin on. For future reference, if any of you happen to be present when one of my loved ones is murdered by an evil superpowered maniac, please know I'd really just prefer a sensitively worded phone call.

Thank you all for reminding me that I, too, was annoyed that nobody called Mohinder to tell him that Peter wasn't dead. Mother Petrelli's a micromanager. She should have been all over that.

And Eric Roberts' hair bugs me.

(P.S. Sure, I make fun. But this show is crack to me.)
                The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jillybob View Post
                  Nonetheless, he'd still have to load a dead body into his cab in full view of the street, unless his apartment building has a dead-body-loading dock 'round the back.
                  Well, he does live in NYC so...

Comment

Big spoilers from the Heroes Comic book, so don’t quote this post or you will ruin my awesome invisotext.

**SPOILERS**

This issue of the comic takes place in future Hiro time, we find out

Sylar was the exploding man in this time
                    Hiro stabbed Sylar but because he had previously killed Claire he could heal and exploded anyway(Save the cheerleader...)
                    Hiro is the one who has been living in Issac’s old studio and put the strings everywhere.
                    Present Hiro meets future Hiro immediately after future Hiro talked to Peter on the subway.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappynipsy View Post
                      Big spoilers from the Heroes Comic book, so don’t quote this post or you will ruin my awesome invisotext.

**SPOILERS**
                      Didn't quote the invisitext, but I just caught up on my Heroes comics. Now I'm seriously excited for next episode Seems like it will have considerable plot after all.

Comment

Is there going to be another season? I've just started watching it - haven't a clue as to what's going on, but the story was interesting enough I watched it anyway, which makes it pretty damned good in my book - and I'm seeing that this is actually the end of the series, there isn't going to be any more episodes once this storyline plays out. Or am I misinterpreting the ads?

Comment

i was pretty underwhelmed with this episode.

saw all the tricks (jessica's switch, peter still being alive *gasp*) but by far the worst was the direct ripoff of watchmen.

i know pcon's already mentioned this, but how on earth are they trying to get away with this??

it's not just that they stole the main hook from the greatest comic book story ever told (that's not hyperbole, it just is) they did not set this up nearly as intelligently as moore did.

why are we buying that nathan is suddenly going to along with nuking manhattan to unite the world?

spoilers for those who havent read watchmen:

in watchmen, destroying NYC made sense b/c ozymandias created an external threat vis a vis a mock alien invasion which rallied and united the world to fight back as one.

nuking manhattan would do the exact opposite for the heroes:

itll turn every single normal human being on the face of the planet against those with superpowers.

why exactly would nathan jeopardize his future for this crock of an idea?

Comment

Working...
                          X