Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Potentially Habitable Planet Found

I, for one, welcome our new Octopoid masters.

Comment

Clueless Tabby

Hey, both of you really ought to read John Wyndham's "The Kraken Wakes," (if you haven't done so already).

And, what makes you think that they might not already be living in the ocean's depths? You might also read Ivan T. Sanderson's "Invisible Residents," or chapter 21 of Fort's "The Book of the Damned." One of my favourite stories is of the three luminous objects seen to emerge from the sea, on June 18th, 1845, near Adalia, (now known as Antalya, Turkey), and observed from ten to thirty minutes.
      JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Just for fun I think I'll bring up the "Question". The question of course raised by Enrico Fermi some 50 plus years ago. Someone asked him about the existence of extraterrestrial life and he responded with "Where are they?". I've wondered about that myself. But not only that but recently I watched a NOVA presentation on AI and robots and what was interesting is that to create AI you made need robots. Human like robots to be exact. It has to do with the fact that intelligents of any kind or maybe only human kind needs an outside the mind/brain interface to learn. Like, and this is now my ideas, one needs legs to walk. But walking isn't itself the only thing learned. Balance against gravity is learned for example but also combinations of arm use and leg use to climb a tree too. But what was also interesting was that one scientist considered robots to be the eventual off spring of our species. But if that is the case again "Where are they?" We should be up to our butts in extraterrestrial robots. Just thought I'd throw this out there.

Comment

Que?
          One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by clueless View Post
            "Where are they?" We should be up to our butts in extraterrestrial robots.
            They're coming.

d i r g e

Sorsha: "What are you looking at?"
            Madmartigan: "Your leg... I'd like to break it."

Comment

Where Are They?

Originally posted by clueless View Post
              Just for fun I think I'll bring up the "Question". The question of course raised by Enrico Fermi some 50 plus years ago. Someone asked him about the existence of extraterrestrial life and he responded with "Where are they?"
              Closer than you might think.

As Rod Serling once said: "That's a signpost up ahead...."
              JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Working...
              X