No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PAGE Notifications

Latest comment posted:

TV DRAMA: I would hire this person in a heart beat. Writing is executed in a solid, sharp way. Real characters, strong dialogue. Great job!

Comment

Wow. Excellent news for somebody...
      HL

Comment

-
        Last edited by TheCleaner; 03-02-2011, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Congrats to all those still in the running! I made it to QF and just got my EXCELLENT feeback from my PAGE judge. I am really motivated in my re-write now.

I do have a question if anyone cares to take a stab: The main critique as far as changes was to cut the gore and make it more mainstream R-thriller and less cult/indie horror. I've gotten the same note from other feedback and am making these changes now. In the section of feedback that deals with "How would this script be handled at your production company?" she gives it a "Consider" and says "the script would merit consideration and the writer would at the very least be brought in for a meeting." [I feel GOOD!]

PAGE does not give her name, but does name the company she works at (and her position). If I query the company, should I mention the feedback? Or is that kind of stalkerish? (And if so, is it stalkerish in a mainstream-R kinda way or in more of a cult/indie horror kinda way)?

Comment

Today's comment:

TV SITCOM: Strong voice & knowledge of craft. Well-structured & well-paced. Strong concept & execution. Appeals to broad demographic. FUNNY!

Comment

Originally posted by snoozn View Post
              PAGE does not give her name, but does name the company she works at (and her position). If I query the company, should I mention the feedback? Or is that kind of stalkerish? (And if so, is it stalkerish in a mainstream-R kinda way or in more of a cult/indie horror kinda way)?
              Snoozn, if I were you I'd do the rewrite and then query her company. If you can find the name of the person who holds the position listed, address it to them. I would mention the great feedback from the Page contest, saying it came from someone at their company, and that they thought it rated a Consider. And then, how you used the feedback to greatly improve your script, and now you're wondering if they would like to take another look.

Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by lobster View Post
                Snoozn, if I were you I'd do the rewrite and then query her company. If you can find the name of the person who holds the position listed, address it to them. I would mention the great feedback from the Page contest, saying it came from someone at their company, and that they thought it rated a Consider. And then, how you used the feedback to greatly improve your script, and now you're wondering if they would like to take another look.

Best of luck!
                Lobster, that sounds pretty reasonable to me. I have not been able to find the name of the person in the position my judge holds. But I'm sure the normal query contact would know who that is and whether she might have any interest in another look. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Today's comment. I know a few of you have scripts in this category:

ACTION/ADVENTURE: Technically solid with vivid characters for an almost non-stop action movie - Great premise, sharp dialogue!

Comment

Could be mine, except for the non-stop part. There are occasional breaks for the characters to eat, text, and have sex, 2 out of 3 of which they do in zero G.
                    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Lol LauriD! That sounds pretty non-stop to me. Or...it could be Patrick Sweeney's? Any other Action AD's?
                      HL

Comment

Reminder for those still in the hunt:

PAGE allows you to update (no extra fee) your screenplay to your latest/greatest draft if you make the finals.

Next cut is top 25 to top 10. So, a pretty good shot to advance.

Get those scripts ready!

Good luck!
                        "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Today's comment:

COMEDY: Lots of heart. Very funny characters & predicaments. Organic relationships/dialogue. Story simple yet effective. Very well written.

Comment

Originally posted by HLTassin View Post
                            Lol LauriD! That sounds pretty non-stop to me. Or...it could be Patrick Sweeney's? Any other Action AD's?
                            I suppose it could be mine, although the action's not exactly non-stop until after the all is lost beat and I've gotten dings on my dialogue in the past - on the other hand, this script's almost all in Western dialect, which some people have really loved.
                            Patrick Sweeney

Comment

Today's:

DRAMA: A brilliant, gritty, lyrical, and dark drama. Street wise and tragic in tone, it's poetic style and visuals are astounding. Amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by briking View Post
                                Today's:

DRAMA: A brilliant, gritty, lyrical, and dark drama. Street wise and tragic in tone, it's poetic style and visuals are astounding. Amazing!
                                Yowzah. That sounds like tough competition....
                                "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X