Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PAGE Notifications

I made it, too. Family category. Congrats, guys!

Comment

Congratulations to all who are still in the running to be Page's next top screenwriter.
      2011 Screenwriting Goal: 15 pages a day.

Comment

shiit, i'm out!

congrats! looks like we still have quite a few dd peeps in there.

Comment

Yes, still some DD'ers in there! Kudos to huxt, jcarends, patricksweeney, LateNight, and Lauri!!!!!! Anybody heard from Wildswan? I'm pulling for y'all and will be cheering you on from the sideslines this year !
          HL

Comment

Unfortunately, I did not advance either. But I just got an email from a judge who wants to read more of my work, so no complaints here!

Comment

Oh, and the very best of luck to all the talented folks still in the running!

(Sorry, my head's in kind of a fog at the moment.)

Comment

Congratulations to everyone!

And a personal congrats to John (jcarends)-- a great writer and even better friend.

Now I'm wondering if he even knows this is me, LOL. Pfft.

Comment

Gauchita - That sweet 4-legger pictured in your profile is a major giveaway. Thanks for the props, and congratulations to all the finalists for advancing!

Comment

Big congrats to those that have placed!

Comment

Originally posted by wildswan View Post
                      Unfortunately, I did not advance either. But I just got an email from a judge who wants to read more of my work, so no complaints here!
                      That's great! I thought they said people would be contacted AFTER the contest was over, but it's good you didn't have to wait.

I've heard of contests where judges contacted entrants, but never to the extent of Page. This is what it's all about -- real world reads and reps -- and major kudos to Page for making this happen.

Lots of contests spam the results to a mailing list, and some people make the finals (or win) but never get a single contact/read out of it. I think that by using judges who are actual players (and not 16-year-old girls or $10 craigslist readers, ahem) and by matching them to the genre of the script so the interest is already there, Page is doing a terrific service to those who enter.

This is my first year with Page and I am totally impressed. This is one I'll recommend -- and enter again if I have the misfortune to remain eligible.
                      "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

I guess the judges must get your contact info once you're bounced. The one advantage to being bounced early.

I agree with you about this contest, Lauri. I've entered several years now. The whole thing is very well structured, the feedback I've gotten from the judges is always excellent, and the administrators are real sweethearts.

Now you guys go win a bunch of those prizes!

Comment

Good luck to all progressing - and congrats to Wildswan for the professional interested in his writing!
                          sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Comment

Originally posted by peasblossom View Post
                            Good luck to all progressing - and congrats to Wildswan for the professional interested in his writing!
                            yes indeed. that could be much more rewarding than the real prize.

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
                              yes indeed. that could be much more rewarding than the real prize.
                              Professional interest IS the real prize!
                              "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
                                Professional interest IS the real prize!
                                Most of us aim a tad higher than "professional interest"

Comment

Working...
                                X