• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PAGE Notifications

Early entry deadline ends tonight.

Comment

I entered on the first day entries were open. The bad thing to that is that I have to wait a LONG time for the results to post.

Comment

To second what everyone else said -- I recycled some of the $500 I won last year as the Silver Prize winner in action-adventure to re-enter another script that made the semi's.

With the Page, you really get your money's worth. Many contests offer only ONE money prize, or maybe 2 or 3 at most. With Page, you have 10 categories with 3 money prizes each, plus the grand prize, so you've got a much better chance of winning SOMETHING.

Also, the sheer entertainment value (all those tweets, and the online "awards ceremony") is worth something. This contest is actually FUN!

Also, the folks running it show that they CARE about the entrants. (With too many other contests, once they take your money you never hear from them again: they don't email the results, they don't answer emails, etc.) Page not only sends the prizes on time, they follow up to make sure you got them.

In short, Page treats writers like human beings -- not suckers.
        "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

PAGE is a great contest. I'm going to enter my contained horror project at one of the later deadlines this spring - got to finish it up and do some rewrites.
          Patrick Sweeney

Comment

Working...
          X