Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Sites, Services, Software, & Supplies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2020, 08:40 PM   #11
lostfootage

Default Re: Scriptshadow

Good review. Whoever wrote that, I agree.
lostfootage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:28 PM   #12
TigerFang

The only person with the actual name of the Scriptshadow creator that I could find on IMDb was once an editor for a short film. One 9-minute short “film” from 12 years ago. That was it. No other experience. Now, that might not be the same person — a cyber-sleuthing situation I’ve encountered before — but with that name, what are the odds of that? Regardless, I believe most of us here would agree that Scriptshadow is an aquarium net for catching screenwriting guppies.

Last edited by TigerFang : 02-19-2020 at 09:41 PM.
TigerFang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:38 AM   #13
finalact4

Love that he says, after all that, "...I discovered what makes a script sell..."

wait for it...

Great writing

That's all you need to know.

www.LisaMolusis.com
finalact4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 02:43 PM   #14
figment

This script was featured on his site and producers saw it and it sold, and the writer has since sold another spec.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/kevin-j...on-1202643411/

More recently, a policeman/writer whose script was featured, was contacted by reps who read the site , and got repped/optioned it -- Cop Cam (?)

http://scriptshadow.net/is-cop-cam-t...-scriptshadow/

At this point, that's a better average than something like the Black List (paid service) and no one is paying any money at all, let alone hundreds of dollars. They're just putting up scripts to compete in an "amateur offerings weekend."

I'm not saying anyone should feel any particular way about any of it. And I doubt very much he's got any role in their production. But that is three projects either repped/optioned or repped/sold directly because of his site in a year and a half or so. All specs.
figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 04:34 PM   #15
Satriales
Regular

Yes, but that doesn’t change the fact that Carson Reeves is full of fvcking sh1t and knows nothing about screenwriting. I don’t think anyone is disputing a few folks have been noticed there.
Satriales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:08 PM   #16
NoNeckJoe
Regular

I wouldn't be disgusted by this as much if he was at least offering to option scripts for anything close to industry standard rates. But after glancing through his announcement, it seems pretty clear that he is expecting a free option or shopping agreement with any writer willing to let him glom on to their script. To a self-professed producer with no credits or experience beyond reading.

Fvck that.
NoNeckJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:08 AM   #17
finalact4

I remember the Becky review he did, but it was back in July of 2017 (about 2 1/2 years ago).

I would be concerned about the language one might find in the shopping agreement with CR, because if he attaches as a producer, that could seriously impede forward progress if the Third Party, does see the value in CR which could, not saying it would, but could, effect the sale price to the writer.

I don't know his skills, but without a script sale or a produced script, how will he demonstrate his ability? A finder's fee might be more likely?

www.LisaMolusis.com
finalact4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:31 AM   #18
Satriales
Regular

“ This script finished on last year’s Black List with 10 votes. The writer, Michael Paisely, is just getting started. He was a Writer PA on The Witcher. And no, I don’t know what that is“

I have not watched the Witcher. I probably won’t. But you want to be a producer and you’re this willfully ignorant?
Old 02-25-2020, 09:42 AM   #19
Incognito
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satriales View Post
“ This script finished on last year’s Black List with 10 votes. The writer, Michael Paisely, is just getting started. He was a Writer PA on The Witcher. And no, I don’t know what that is“

I have not watched the Witcher. I probably won’t. But you want to be a producer and you’re this willfully ignorant?
Chill Satriales. Yes he triggers you but that hostility can be a heavy load to carry. I mean this with the best intentions.
Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #20
Satriales
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
Chill Satriales. Yes he triggers you but that hostility can be a heavy load to carry. I mean this with the best intentions.
Like George Costanza twitching his elbow in perpetuity - this? This is nothing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NQyhmd7Gk4U