Manager leads in Sacramento? San Francisco?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manager leads in Sacramento? San Francisco?

Hey....first post here. Love the forums. Just wondering if anyone knows of any managers near my Sacramento area home? Or perhaps in S.F.?

(Ready to shop a treatment for a TV series. And if L.A. is the only realistic choice, will they be interested in a telecommute relationship?)

Thanks....
    "...Swann sensed its approach, stealing forth from beneath that long-drawn sonority, stretched like a curtain of sound to veil the mystery of its incubation...."

Marcel Proust

Re: Manager leads in Sacramento? San Francisco?

Welcome.

My guess is no managers are in those cities and if they are, you don't want them. I live in NYC, have a manager in LA. Many others here live all around the country and I think one guy lives in Canada that I know.

Point is, you live much closer than most of us, so just query Hollywood.

I don't know about shopping TV treatments though in terms of drawing interest. TV is so hard to break into to and they want ideas from established people.

Do you write feature scripts or tv specs? I think you're going to need something for them to read that isn't just a treatment. A sample of what you can do.

Comment

Agree with Bono...look for an LA manager/agent for sure! You being out of town can be worked out (emails, calls, visits). But I think an LA rep is a must...

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
        Welcome.

I don't know about shopping TV treatments though in terms of drawing interest. TV is so hard to break into to and they want ideas from established people.
        Thanks for the welcome, and the tips on hooking up in L.A. Trouble is, a treatment seemed the only appropriate avenue considering that it could be compared to, let's say, This Old House, which is pretty much totally unscripted isn't it? No, it's not another house makeover show...far from it. (Completely different, new type of lifestyle program. One of a kind. Much edgier.) But the format would be similar: lots of interviews, tours through businesses and factories, historical vignettes, etc.

It's a great concept--very timely, unique. Just not the type for a script. Got it registered on Monday.
        "...Swann sensed its approach, stealing forth from beneath that long-drawn sonority, stretched like a curtain of sound to veil the mystery of its incubation...."

Marcel Proust

Comment

Have you tried the Ed Silvers Agency in Citrus Heights? 916.723.2794.

Comment

RDF has a management division that reps reality clients. There are a handful of firms that handle them. Most bigger agencies have someone who deals in reality these days as well. All lifestyle unscripted programs are dumped/lumped into reality these days, appropriately or not. RDF previously produced Junkyard Wars.

Comment

Originally posted by BurOak View Post
              Have you tried the Ed Silvers Agency in Citrus Heights? 916.723.2794.
              Checked their website and they don't accept treatments.

As for RDF, I'll touch bases with them next.

Thanks.....

Marcel Proust

Comment

Working...
              X